can I move my canister filter from one tank to another?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobc4d

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went a different direction than planned. I currently have a 36 gallon bowfront, I got a really good deal on a 40 breeder at PetCo (they are having a 50% off sale). I want to get the 40 basically set up then move the Fluval 206 from the 36 to the 40. can I just up and move it to the 40g, then move the fish without worrying about letting the tank cycle?

The fluval says it works with up to 45g, would the 206 be fine or should I go with the next one up?

More is always better so if you can go to the next one up I would & of course move all the filter media from the 206 to the new filter.

I have a cheaper idea you could consider. Put the 206 onto the 40 and add an Aquaclear 30 HOB. This smaller filter would be only about 20 to 24 bucks and act as a helper and back up filter in case something ever went out on the main filter until you got it fixed.
Also, with the Aquaclear, you could go with just the filter pad and LOTS more bio beads to really boost your bio capability. Luck, OS.

Back
Top Bottom