Can I rid glass scratches on the inside of my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
I received my 29 gallon sw tank used from a friend. He had used quite abrasive algae pads to clean the algae (not real algae pads, things much more coarse). Needless to say, the inside of the tank is FULL of scratches. I think I may have attributed to some of the scratches, it seems whatever you use on this glass, scratches it. (It's an old tank, does that matter in the way the glass was made?)

At first I did not mind...but everything collects in the scratches. Algae...and most of all light. When you look in the tank, you see nothing but the scratches. It's annoying. Is there some safe way I can rid the glass of the scratches? I am assuming there is no way to do it without draining some water, which needs to be done anyways. But I really can't take the whole tank apart, because I've got no other sw tank to house the sand, LR, fish, etc.

Any ideas? Is it even possible, or do I have to live with the scratches...or just buy another....larger tank? :)

It is nearly impossible to remove scratches from glass tanks. Just keep the scratches free of algae so they are no so noticble.

Back
Top Bottom