Can my fw tank cycle this fast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

santafuji

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I set up a 25gal fw tank 6 days ago. Let it sit for 1 day to stabilize then added nutafin cycle day 2 3 and 4 as per instructions. Added two small cichlids on day 3. PH on day 6 is 7.2. ammonia is .25 nitrites are nil and nitrates are 40ppm approx. I measured the tap water that I used to see if my municipal supply had nitrates and it measured nil. What is happening? Can a tank cycle this fast?
Comments welcomed.

Sent from my A500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The tank is probably is tis section cycling stage, I think it will spike again.

Fast Tank Cycle

I set up a 25gal fw tank 6 days ago. Let it sit for 1 day to stabilize then added nutafin cycle day 2 3 and 4 as per instructions. Added two small cichlids on day 3. PH on day 6 is 7.2. ammonia is .25 nitrites are nil and nitrates are 40ppm approx. I measured the tap water that I used to see if my municipal supply had nitrates and it measured nil. What is happening? Can a tank cycle this fast?
Comments welcomed.

Sent from my A500 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Hello san...

Your tank isn't cycled until you have several daily tests that show no trace of either ammonia or nitrite. Continue testing daily for these toxins and change 25 percent of the water, every time you get a positive test. The process takes a month.

B

Back
Top Bottom