Can someone help ID this cory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gawd_oOo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
50072mw.jpg

Another angle.

50040bz.jpg

Having trouble pinning down what this one is.

not a sterbia for sure!-100% positive.

Check Schwartz-probably not though. Anyway, I see these being sold all the time, they are kinda a substitues for Juli cories. I have seen then labeles as schwarzi or swarrzi

i go with wizzard :). i tried id'ing my cories awhile ago and melanus (whatever) was the closest imo

Wizzard~Of~Ozz ~~~THANKS!
Great link, you just ID'd my new cories as well! Anyone know if they eat MTS or Shrimp (cherries)?

Thanx, W~O~O

How dark the nose, down to the wiskers was keeping me from making the call on that species.
Is it common for the coloration to vary that much?
Looking at them in the tank, you can hardly see a difference from the eye line and anything forward.

Agh, another question to go along.

Long story short, I bought my tank a 55 gal, completely set up fish included.

I know they like schools of their own species, this guy has been alone (well him and the C. aeneus, also a loner hang out together), if I can find more of the same species, would he become part of the group? I guess same goes for the C. aeneus as well. Both are very shy, it took me about 2 weeks to get pictures of this one. They only come out for feedings, the rest of the day the spend it tucked away in a corner.

Yes, Most fish will pick up on their own species, provided they are schoolers.. some different species will also school. I just added 3 black neons to my sisters tank and they immediately started schooling with the Neon's. the 2 SAE I just added to mine immediately went over to the lonely one and they're all hangin out together (and I don't think they're schoolers)

I noticed the darker nose on yours after the fact, all I can think of is male/female differences, or perhaps because he's lonely.. the pictures match up perfectly otherwise. I checked all commonly mis-id'd variations of that cory, and he's the only one that looks close (infact identical except for the nose colour).

Back
Top Bottom