Carey's 125G Upgrade/Conversion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Wow Kenny that looks awesome! I also love the featherfin as well. I like that large rock on the right hand side...Is that a real rock or manmade?

It's manmade. The only real rock are the small ones directly left of the one you mentioned, the other large ones are fake too.

Well it looks really nice. I just wish i could afford some new rocks manmade/real doesn't matter. Guess you got something on us being down under. :-D

Here's some shots of the albino ancistrus. he's a small guy still...lol

img_1295122_0_6deadc2a34695618c528ef5ee81574c6.jpg

img_1295122_1_f74ec2014b51fa41e9f91122b199437b.jpg

Don't feel bad, I live under a black cloud of bad luck myself. Just wanna make sure you're ok. I'd miss you and your threads. :-DD

I could use your help on my cube thread if you have time...

*sigh* i really dont wanna lose him the shrimp is fine and the params are 0 amm.trate,trite, 8.0 ph so im pretty sure i will never go to that fishstore again

I have one pet store near me and its horrible. their fish all look like theyre dying, its the store that didnt tell me about that anenome they sold me that could eat fish. lol

I used to buy my ro water there and even that was bad with phosphates and nitrates. I have to drive at least 40 min each way to get to a better store. Just learned an expensive lesson is all.

When in doubt you can always post questions when youre at the lfs from ur phone if it does that. :)

Ill have to look at the pics at home cannot see them here. I am lucky, I have two pretty good non Chain LFS close. The other day I was going to buy some stuff and the LFS guy talked me out of buying a few things and saved me money. I figure they care about thier fish if they talk me out of buying stuff.
Carey, it does sound like you are up and running thought :) Yaaay

I am having a slight issue with my fluval. :-(

I'm having a floating poop problem and the filter isn't getting it all. I have the intake all the way to the right and the output all the way to the left of the tank. I also have an AC powerhead on the right side. And a bubble wall running between intake and output on the filter.

Could the PH or the bubble wall be giving me too much circluation? Or should I move the intake strainer closer to the middle of the tank, but then I'd have the bubble walls putting air into the filter.

Any options or opinions? I'm kinda at a loss, I hate seeing all this red poop going by everywhere LOL ( darn NLS food)

This may be stupid advice, but try putting the PH on the output side of the fluval. Putting the power head on the other side of the fluval output may be creating a nice little circulation that hinders the poop from going into the intake.

carey said:
Yrp Kenny, I do believe thats what he is. The guy wrote down all the scientific names for me :)

I had about 4 in a planted tank a few years ago, they did a great job cleaning up lol only thing is they never grew bristles!! They were females hehe

I had about 4 in a planted tank a few years ago, they did a great job cleaning up lol only thing is they never grew bristles!! They were females hehe

I guess I got a male cause he has bristles already. Neat. learn something every day lol

carey said:
You guys are so sweet. :-D

I wish i could start decorating the tank NOW but I have to wait for my b/f to get home to move it into the dining room. I'm soo ready to go! Then I get to stock it. Thats gonna be super fun.

i am so impatient sometimes lol

When are we not when setting up a new tank

LOL It's deja vu... I have to wait for b/f tomorrow to put together my bio cube stand for my new tank.

Back
Top Bottom