Carey's Community Build/Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Ok, so on the lookout for amano shrimp now. I havent seen any in any pet stores though. Are they hard to find? And cool deal with the snails, i may get 2 more in different colors. :)

Just watch out for a baby boom and go for it lol. Amanos aren't that hard to find. :) i think severum has some :)

Understood! I can't wait to go! I always love buying fishies! woohoo!

Do you think I can add more snails too? FOr soem reason I just love snails. lol

Are there anty freshwater shrimp that are large? I have the tigers and mandarins but they are way way too tiny.
bamboo and vampire shrimp both get pretty big,but i would suggest bamboos for you. there filter feeders,so the tank should be set up for a while first.

Couldnt find any shrimp or snails today but I did get some fish. I know, I know before anyone says anything I went a little overboard. I got 5 serpae tetras and 3 green cory cats. :-D Also didn't see any dwarf gouramis. But I'm pretty happy now. Here's some pictures, not too good but they just wouldnt sit still for me. lol

img_1452665_0_b98435e49e6bd87911ef8788d6f1869f.jpg

img_1452665_1_80a42161f724e8df17d58cc7c4cf73d7.jpg

img_1452665_2_ebf692ce5e5f735c1578979317f9af3b.jpg

I'm guessing I overstocked didn't I? But they were calling out to me! LOL I had to get them. They all seem to be doing fine. I haven't had one fatality in the tank yet, and I hear neons aren't very hardy so I must be doing something right.

carey said:
Ok, so on the lookout for amano shrimp now. I havent seen any in any pet stores though. Are they hard to find? And cool deal with the snails, i may get 2 more in different colors. :)

Definitely hit up SM for those. Mine are AMAZING that I got from them ;)

I just got an order from her a week ago too. LOL

i wonder if shipping would kill me? How much do they generally cost do you know?

Yeah, I just got 4 mandarins shrimp and 2 tiger shrimp from her and they arrived safe and sound. I'll have to look into that then. How big do the amanos get? Like how many could I add to a 20L tank?

My pico and the community tank are this weeks favorites. lol Just gotta learn more about freshwater happy fish hehe

Ok, so I have the java moss, java fern and some other plant that SM sent me with my fish order. I tied the moss around some driftwood and planted the others. The moss looks like it is dying, it came un attached and is kinda turning brown...the other plants came uprooted but dont' seem to be in bad shape.

I have a single 17w florescent tube bulb, is this not enough light? I failed at my first planting attempt with anacharis too....getting discrouraged here....

What am I doing wrong? lol

A 20L isn't very deep, so your light penetration should be descent. Although fluorescent...a t8 or t5 would be much more beneficial, use less energy, and be brighter...
What fixture are you using? Substrate? Ferts?
Sorry if you mentioned all this efore ;)

Back
Top Bottom