Carey's Community Build/Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you are doing good. Feeding a little after the lights are on. Just like anything else, takes getting used to. Like bringing home a puppy, once they get used to the place, they own it and are all over it. I think it will be the same with the fishies :)

The fish have indeed calmed down alot since they got here. :)

I'm gonna go finish my stocking today. I think I can add a few more fish. My parameters havent moved and theres pelnty of room. :)

carey said:
The fish have indeed calmed down alot since they got here. :)

I'm gonna go finish my stocking today. I think I can add a few more fish. My parameters havent moved and theres pelnty of room. :)

What are you getting today?

I'm thinking some tetras. They are on sale at Petco. :) Maybe something for the bottom as well. I like the cories i think they are....

carey said:
I'm thinking some tetras. They are on sale at Petco. :) Maybe something for the bottom as well. I like the cories i think they are....

Cories are cool. :) I can't remember... As of now what's in there?

I have 10 reg neons, 5 lemon tetras and 6 gold neons. :) And one big ole mystery snail and some shrimp which I never see. LOL

carey said:
I have 10 reg neons, 5 lemon tetras and 6 gold neons. :) And one big ole mystery snail and some shrimp which I never see. LOL

Maybe 5 cories? I'd call you about stocked. :)

Yeah, I know there isnt much wiggle room LOl. But I think my filtration can handle it, I'm running an AC70 in there. And of course the AC50 is still running too.

carey said:
Yeah, I know there isnt much wiggle room LOl. But I think my filtration can handle it, I'm running an AC70 in there. And of course the AC50 is still running too.

True. Go for the 5 cories, then maybe a centerpiece fish like a betta or DG, and call it quits. :)

I'd love a centerpiece fish, but I'm not sure what to get. I had ordered a gourami from SM but it didn't survive the shipping. I'm pretty sure I don't want a betta. Not for this tank. ;-)

So a dwarf gourami would be compatible?

carey said:
I'd love a centerpiece fish, but I'm not sure what to get. I had ordered a gourami from SM but it didn't survive the shipping. I'm pretty sure I don't want a betta. Not for this tank. ;-)

So a dwarf gourami would be compatible?

Definitely! You can buy It today probably when you go to petco.

It's gotta be a dwarf though? I know I saw regular really pretty gourami's last time I was there.

carey said:
It's gotta be a dwarf though? I know I saw regular really pretty gourami's last time I was there.

Yeah, gotta be dwarf I'm afraid. The regular ones can hit 6 inches I think. I do know that honey gouramis stay small. Maybe one of those?

They have little signs on the tanks in the store that sayhow big they get and I don't remember them getting that big. LOL

What would my limit be on centerpiece fish size? Is a 4" fish too big for a 20L tank? Theres plenty of swimming room.

carey said:
They have little signs on the tanks in the store that sayhow big they get and I don't remember them getting that big. LOL

What would my limit be on centerpiece fish size? Is a 4" fish too big for a 20L tank? Theres plenty of swimming room.

4 inch would be max. For you. Just keep in mind temperament and such. :)

Understood! I can't wait to go! I always love buying fishies! woohoo!

Do you think I can add more snails too? FOr soem reason I just love snails. lol

Are there anty freshwater shrimp that are large? I have the tigers and mandarins but they are way way too tiny.

carey said:
Understood! I can't wait to go! I always love buying fishies! woohoo!

Do you think I can add more snails too? FOr soem reason I just love snails. lol

Are there anty freshwater shrimp that are large? I have the tigers and mandarins but they are way way too tiny.

Amano shrimp are big. You can always have more snails! Lol

Ok, so on the lookout for amano shrimp now. I havent seen any in any pet stores though. Are they hard to find? And cool deal with the snails, i may get 2 more in different colors. :)

Back
Top Bottom