Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True enough, I'll be asking him what "HE" dipped it in etc..I'd be willing to accept that it was a fluke or even if I contributed to it all, just wish I knew. Even months from now I'll be second guessing myself when I add fish.

I've bought almost every fish I have form this one store and he is very willing to order me what I want so I don't wanna mess up the good relationship I have with the owner. It'd make me feel alot better if he just gave me a fish or at least a discount on one. I think he's gonna cut me a deal on the mandarin at least. I wanted a red or blue one that was ORA, usually the ORA ones are the green spotted ones. Guess we'll see. I so wanna go right now and find out LOL

huma-huma said:
Go and find out! Nothing wrong with visiting :)

I agree with huma.. take your bf with u have him ask some questions.. Im not one but some males feel they can take advantage of a female.. remind him how much you have spent and remind him you go there for the quality of fish u have purchased... im 100% sure after that speech he will cut u some break.. he should know repeat business is the best business and wont want to lose you as a customer.

He also knows I'm in the market to fill all my tanks and to do my new build, I was asking about prices the other day. I go every week to check out his stock and see what I can buy. I actually travel an hour each way to go to this store.

Choices are slim pickins around here. lol And my b/f would be useless, I am quite formidable when it comes to money. ;-) I used to be an investor for a private firm on wall street, I have no issue with stating how things are and am known to be quite blunt and persistent. hehe...

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME....

carey said:
He also knows I'm in the market to fill all my tanks and to do my new build, I was asking about prices the other day. I go every week to check out his stock and see what I can buy. I actually travel an hour each way to go to this store.

Choices are slim pickins around here. lol And my b/f would be useless, I am quite formidable when it comes to money. ;-) I used to be an investor for a private firm on wall street, I have no issue with stating how things are and am known to be quite blunt and persistent. hehe...

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on ME....

Go u... in that case. I retract my comment...

I wasnt meaning that copper was introduced into the tank from the tang, but rather the first tang died from copper poisoning (already insie the fish, it doesnt really release one attatched) as that fish was dieing other fish took the opportunity to snack which in turnef poisoned them.

Hmm, didn't consider that possiblity. But what about the clowns? They for sure weren't involved with snacking and they died last, days after the fish was gone. Good point though, maybe that tang had something on him, and not necessarily a disease either. Could be almost anything.

carey said:
Hmm, didn't consider that possiblity. But what about the clowns? They for sure weren't involved with snacking and they died last, days after the fish was gone. Good point though, maybe that tang had something on him, and not necessarily a disease either. Could be almost anything.

I say go ahead and put a fish in and see what happens... of somthing happens wait 2 monthes if somthing doesn't go ahead and continue stocking

I put in 2 clownfish already from another tank. I had to move them they were killing a new fish in my cube. That was on Tuesday I think. So far nothing out of the ordinary with any of the fish. The clowns seem happy enough and no symptoms of anything. Everyone is eating adn acting normal for them.

Couldnt the clowns have snacked on the others feces, which if they had been poisoned could have been a smaller dose which is why it took longer. Im unsure as to how plausible that is, but its a sound theory. Too bad i cant remember who first suggested it

The poisoning theory is starting to gain more weight in my mind....It explains alot of the why's in this situation. But is it possible?

Maybe one of the forum leaders will chime in, some of them are really good. :)

Hey Carey,

Your fish problem has been driving me crazy and I've been looking around for a couple weeks now. I think I *might* know what it is. The symptoms and some of the pictures I've found look and sound just like you posted.

Check out Uronema disease. It causes lethargy, sloughing of skin, lesions and death usually happens in about a day. Once outward signs are present there is nothing you can do. Normally the most stressed fish die first. Closely related to Clownfish disease but it's a different strain.

Hope this helps.

im fitting to take the pic of your kole tang with me to my lfs to see if the guy knows what it is... talking to him is like talking to a walking fish dictionary...hes crazy

Hey Carey,

Your fish problem has been driving me crazy and I've been looking around for a couple weeks now. I think I *might* know what it is. The symptoms and some of the pictures I've found look and sound just like you posted.

Check out Uronema disease. It causes lethargy, sloughing of skin, lesions and death usually happens in about a day. Once outward signs are present there is nothing you can do. Normally the most stressed fish die first. Closely related to Clownfish disease but it's a different strain.

Hope this helps.

I have been reading up on this for the last hour. alot of the symptoms for this were present in my fish, except the breathing at the top of the water and the cloudy eyes.

Also, it says it can come from bad water quality. The tank had only been up a few weeks and the parameters were all normal.

Theres some information on this disease on the net, but I haven't found out what to do with the tank, leave fallow or clean it or what.

I'm gonna keep looking into this, maybe I'll find out what to do AFTER the fish die and if the remainibg ones are at risk still.

Thank you so very much for your research, I appreciate it it like you can't believe.

That goes for everyone who has been helping me, I couldn't make it through all this with out you guys. :-D

im fitting to take the pic of your kole tang with me to my lfs to see if the guy knows what it is... talking to him is like talking to a walking fish dictionary...hes crazy

Huma, believe it or not that picture is of the blue tang. He was a juvenile so he was still yellow. Or at least he was yellow until he died. Then he turned brown.

I think you found your winner.... Or loser, i guess. Great article by the way and it makes perfect sense that the copper dip didn't work. The only defense here would've been a quarantine. Great call by the guy who found it!

Back
Top Bottom