Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
here are some pictures of my new baby. he is actually pretty camera friendly as you can see. really pretty fish the more I look at it. :)

Beautiful fish! Nice choice!

I love blennys and gobys. I have 3 blennies and 2 gobies now in this tank :) I'd love to add more LOL

carey said:
I love blennys and gobys. I have 3 blennies and 2 gobies now in this tank :) I'd love to add more LOL

He is cute!!
I totally understand you, next to crabs and shrimp I could add 100 blennies and gobbies :)

LOL. I caught that too. I'm not sure if he's "stripper" material just yet.

I do know I really like this fish, he stays front and center unlike the others in the tank. I really think I picked a good one this time. can't wait to add some more! I am so bad, my coral tank is turning into a micro fish tank.....hehehe All good by me...

I know right? I originally was just gonna put my b&w clowns in there and the rest all coral but I re-thought that and decided to leave my biocube a tad overstocked with the clowns.

And who knew micro fish could be so much fun? I haven't had many tiny fish but these guys are so cute. My green clown goby sleeps and hangs out in my toadstool leather to my dismay and the yellow clown goby is always in my blastomussa. lol I moved the corals around to avoid that issue hoping she won't find the blasto again. I'm not sure what to add next, I was thinking maybe a harptail blenny or maybe more barnacle blennies. The harptail is an active swimmer as well as the new striped blenny.

I was gonna get a purple firefish but was warned they are jumpers so no go there.....Just gotta keep looking I guess....but it's so much fun wither way!

I think there is a limit, but I don't think i have found it yet. lol

So far I've picked out all very peaceful fish that are quite small and it's worked out fine. I'm most likely getting to the stocking cap for the tank anyways but since the fish are so small and mostly hiders I think that's why it is working.

The biggest fish in the tank is the one I got yesterday and he is about 1.5 inches long. Both clown gobies are about a half inch, they are really tiny. and the barnacle blenny is only about an inch himself. Oh almost forgot the two spot blenny, he is also about an inch long and just perches.

I figure on maybe 3 more fish that are small, maybe 4 tops. All depends on the size and temperment and how well my water parameters hold up. So far with weekly water changes the water is perfect, though I;m still showing a hint of nitrates. Working on getting that down to 0. One day.....

I think there is a limit, but I don't think i have found it yet. lol

So far I've picked out all very peaceful fish that are quite small and it's worked out fine. I'm most likely getting to the stocking cap for the tank anyways but since the fish are so small and mostly hiders I think that's why it is working.

The biggest fish in the tank is the one I got yesterday and he is about 1.5 inches long. Both clown gobies are about a half inch, they are really tiny. and the barnacle blenny is only about an inch himself. Oh almost forgot the two spot blenny, he is also about an inch long and just perches.

I figure on maybe 3 more fish that are small, maybe 4 tops. All depends on the size and temperment and how well my water parameters hold up. So far with weekly water changes the water is perfect, though I;m still showing a hint of nitrates. Working on getting that down to 0. One day.....

Yeah, I have never seen any Clown Gobies in a LFS.....my eyes probably missed the LOL. Do you have any type of video on your Clown Gobies. A half-inch......wow.

yeah I lucked out finding them. I found them in a very very high end store that I sometimes stop in to look at stuff. I don't know why they had $10 fish but I'm thankful. I was going to order them online to get them. lol This same store also had the two spot blenny, which is kinda a hard fish to find, not mainstream at all.

I haven't made a video of this tank yet as there isn't much activity since everyone just hides unless it's feeding time. lol

Maybe I'll get on that soon. i like having videos I can look back on in youtube. I actually viewed my old fish, the ones that died a few months ago the other day....they were so cool...I miss them...but they live on in video! hehe

yeah I lucked out finding them. I found them in a very very high end store that I sometimes stop in to look at stuff. I don't know why they had $10 fish but I'm thankful. I was going to order them online to get them. lol This same store also had the two spot blenny, which is kinda a hard fish to find, not mainstream at all.

I haven't made a video of this tank yet as there isn't much activity since everyone just hides unless it's feeding time. lol

Maybe I'll get on that soon. i like having videos I can look back on in youtube. I actually viewed my old fish, the ones that died a few months ago the other day....they were so cool...I miss them...but they live on in video! hehe

I like doing the same kind of thing. I like looking at past photos and videos......it is so entertaining. So, when you had you Pico, you only had one Clown Goby in it, right?

Yep, it was only a 4g so I didnt wanna push it. But it was chock full of corals, so many so I had to upgrade well before I thought I would.

Are you thinking of going with a pico?

Yep, it was only a 4g so I didnt wanna push it. But it was chock full of corals, so many so I had to upgrade well before I thought I would.

Are you thinking of going with a pico?

Well, the thought has crossed my mind. The main focus for me right now is trying to find a 180g, for a decent price. The person emailed a few days ago hasn't responded yet, so I take it they already sold it. But I don't know about the pico, or some kind of small tank to work on. I probably won't do it, but I sure do want to, LOL. I'm not planning on it, but it would be awesome if I could!

He's just great. :) All five fish are happy and healthy. I will be re-doing the tank AGAIN so I will update after. Some of the corals are really taking off.

carey said:
He's just great. :) All five fish are happy and healthy. I will be re-doing the tank AGAIN so I will update after. Some of the corals are really taking off.

How r my frags doing?!?! ;D

Back
Top Bottom