Carpet anemone mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moneymike1

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys not sure where to really post this but I will try here. I'm doing my research on an electric green carpet anemone. I have always wanted one however don't want to dive into something that I know nothing about. While doing research I have found many pics of carpets that look to have a mouth and some that you can hardly see the mouth at all. How do you tell if the mouth is gapped at all. I have taken care of bubble tip anemones and haitian anemones. For me it's easy to tell what looks healthy and what doesn't with these types. However I'm confused on what a normal health carpet mouth should look like? I have read mixed reviews on what to feed them as well.....the main confusion here is silversides. Some people say to feed them other say it will lead to the nems death? Any helpful advice or pics of health carpets would be great!

Thanks mike

I'm following along. I haven't heard this part about the mouth indicating health. I've only heard that you can tell their health by how sticky they are or how quickly they react to your presence

Same here. The past species of nems I have kept you want the mouth to stay closed tight and stay small. But from what pics I have seen on carpets it's looks as if you can always see the mouth and its hard to tell. Some pics the carpets looks as if it doesn't even have a mouth it's so closed. Others it looks as if the lips are closed shut but you can see that a mouth is present.

Searchin I actually just bought a carpet anemone and it looks amazing and is doing well! The situation with the mouth is the same as any other anemone. You car barely see the mouth when my new addition got settled in! I hope to upload pics very soon!

Back
Top Bottom