Catching damsels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nhelw1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so this might me strange to everyone but I have 2 domino damsels that I bought a long whole ago at a tiny size but now they're absolutely huge and wanting to dominate the whole 5 feet of aquarium!
I have found a good home for them but first of I need to catch them :/

I have a reef tank. Would it be best to temp take the live rock out? Or just attempt to catch em?

I had a quick poke around today just looking where they squash themselves and they're pretty deep in the rock.

Any suggestions?

You could do that ( I've had to before. ) or you could try to get them on one side of the tank ad separate it with say egg crate move it more to one side until the fish don't have a lot of room and then net them out. Hope that helps.

I had trouble with an Angle so I put a strainer on one side of the rock, chased him around he went right in( thinking it was a cave maybe) ! Grabbed the strainer out and done!

Thanks guys. Just organised my new community and on the way to take them crazy damsels out!

Damsels are evil! I had to remove one for my tank because he killed everything. I tried fishing with a hook, using a net, and a minnow trap. I even tried stabbing a knife into the hole he sleeps in. I eventually had to remove all my live rock from the tank so I could catch him.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lolll I just had to remove the live rock and make a big merky mess grrrrrrrr but they're out and gone!!!!

Be thankful. Damsels are terrible and mean creatures. Sucks that you had to remove all the LR. Now would be a good time for aquascaping.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It sure is. But my artistic side decided to literally run away today. My tank, rock wise looks like some one chucked the rocks in. The coral I'm not glueing down till I figure out the lr

After ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389423154.926182.jpgsorry about the light. It's late afternoon here and the lights are going down

Also most of the coral is angry and closed up. Yeah that's my bad haha

Back
Top Bottom