centerpiece on new 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hollywood11892

Aquarium Advice Activist
so just set up my new 55. iv got pfs in it and it is gunna be planted and the current stock includes 3 neon tetras, 3 von rio tetras, and 3 bloodfin. schools were bigger but die off was bad. but im planning on filling out the schools to about 8 and wanted to add barbs of some kind but also wanted a little bit larger centerpiece fish on my 55. i love angels but i heard they would eat neons so thats a no go, i though gourami could be cool too but i would like other suggestions thanks :)

If it helps I have 4 rainbows and 3 female betas in one 55 and an apistogramma hongsloi and a spotted raphael catfish in my other 55 and 2 red jewel cichlids and 2 upside down catfish in my 40 breeder as centerpiece fish

An apisto would be safe if u have a few hideing places cause mine r with harliquin rasboras, black neons, serpae tetras a spotted Raphael catfish, prestella tetras, platinum tetras and blue glowfish. The red jewel u might have to keep an eye on if it's not small when u get it but mine is in with 6 different tetras as well and 4 mollys

Sounds good I like those ideas cuz I really love cichlids but don't want anything to happen to my other fish

You could also do a krib or 2 now that I think of it( I didn't get them cause the ones in my lfs were pale and looked like they had ick) but they would work as well

I just looked em up a bit and rather do like then don't know if my stores would have em

also i have a clown pleco and want other more active bottom feeders any suggestions? another pleco or something of the sort. and where could i buy a big center piece driftwood piece i really like those with all the roots that look like mangroves. thanks.

I got both pieces of driftwood I have from petco(believe it or not it was in the reptile section :-rolleyes) and as for bottom feeders u can do another pleco or I have 2 spotted raphael cats, an upside down cat and 6 dif corys. U could also do bumblebee various synos dojo,youo,river loach just to name a few calm bottom feeders.

How bout my clown Pleco 4 cories don't remember exactly wat kind but they look like they got camo on them and either another small Pleco or inverts? Like cherry shrimp

I would stick to the small pleco(pitbull, bristlenose etc) cause the centerpiece fish might eat the inverts or shrimp(depending on what you get)

If ur lfs don't have those you could always go with a bigger groumi(golden, opaline, pearl)

Good luck with and enjoy whatever centerpiece you decide on getting after you fill out the schools your tank should look awesome

Sounds good can't wait to see once I get my computer up wain imma post pics of my own can't wait 2 see urs though

Back
Top Bottom