Check vaulve failed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kody

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My check valve didn't work. Siphoned my mix into my tank. What do I do

Went to my tank noticed my co2 bottles were were on there sides The bottles were hooked to a bubble counter with a built on check valve and I had another one right off the bottles. RBP was fin as well as a few
Random small fish. RBP is out small fish still in there I did a large water change larger then I've done before and am cycling again but my tank was heavil planted are the plants goin to be ok and will this effect my RBP

Ok, so a check valve wouldn't have prevented that anyways. They keep water from coming back to your generators, not the opposite. That's why a lot of people use 'puke' tanks. I'd just do several 75% water changes.

Puke? What is this
how often Should I do these water changes now

I had yeast sugar mix siphon back int my tank. I did about a 80% water change
Water is alittle cloudy still. Will this
Harm him

Kody said:
I had yeast sugar mix siphon back int my tank. I did about a 80% water change
Water is alittle cloudy still. Will this
Harm him

This from a co2 diffuser right? I would expect a piranha to be a pretty tough fish! Im not sure, however

I had the mix in two bottles hooked to a bubble counter and check valve then directy to my intake

Kody said:
I had the mix in two bottles hooked to a bubble counter and check valve then directy to my intake

Ya, i get what happened...not sure if it would harm your fish. But after an 80 % i duspect your good enough. What size tank btw?

what kind of bubble counter? I've used a DIY one made out of a 20oz bottle and it'd have to fill that entire bottle up to get any liquid into the tank.

Also, the check valve didn't fail, it's only supposed to stop the flow coming from the tank. (I just saw that jon posted this earlier in the thread lol)

Back
Top Bottom