Chemi pure elite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minkin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Been looking into getting this and wondering what the hell I do with it??

I know what it does, but when I put in in one of my chambers...does it just go on the bottom? In a filter sock? In some kind of bag?

I have no clue...

So I leave it in the bag?

I have an all in one tank, so my filtration is 2 overflows at each side which go into like rectangle plastic boxes. About 10inch from top to bottom. 4 inches across. And 3 inches in width. It is separated into 3 parts with 2 plastic dividers. First bit has a mechanical sponge, second part has carbon sponge and last part has phosphate sponge. I DO NOT have like a HOB or canister filter.

Should I replace my carbon with the chemi pure elite?

Leave it in the bag. It talks about it not being removed in the instructions. People that use it in cubes typically either hang the bag or have a media chamber to put it into.

So should I put it along with my other filtration or put it in the place if something else? For example replace my carbon with the chemi pure elite?

One more thing...

How big is that bag that it comes in????

Because I want to be able to fit it in my filter media basket. (Middle one where carbon is)

Which each section is about 3inch from top to bottom. 3 inch across and 2 inch in width.

Like this...

Attachments

• image-813918612.jpg
    image-813918612.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 103
They sell half unit or full unit try a half if there's plenty of room but another half. Whats the tank size?half should fit fine.

The tank size is 30g.

The picture you see is top: mechanical sponge
Middle: carbon sponge
Bottom: phosphate sponge.

Will it be ok to remove the carbon and put the bag of chemi pure elite in once I have rinsed it.

Does anyone know how big the bags are?

Yes you replace the carbon with it. The 1/2 is mabey 3x3x1 the whole one is about 3x6x1 if its layed out flat . Like I mentioned earlier I belive the instructions say to only rince slightly. I use it in my cichlid tank and like it. But it gets expensive. And the half only does if I remember up to 20 or 25gallons. Mabey 30.

Do you mean the half as in the 6.5oz one.

And the full one as in the 11.74oz one?

The small one will be fine. 6.5 oz or something like that. It will be enough they say a certain size but that's for a maxed out tank. In this hobby less is better you can always add more if needed.i rinse mine heavy I don't want the dust of the gfo in my system.

Should I put the chemi pure elite in for the carbon sponge or phosphate sponge?

Thanks so in my chamber, in my basket it will go chemical sponge, chemi pure elite, then phosphate sponge?

I take it this is ok?

i would do in order the flow goes like this the coarser sponge the finer sponge then the chemipure elite but you can try different variations to see what works best for you

Yeah I've got to have my chemical sponge first because that traps waste, un eaten food etc.

Then I have to choose to have the chemi pure elite then the phosphate sponge. Or other way round.

Which do you think will be best?

Back
Top Bottom