Choosing for a community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, you're right. I was thinking about another thread. 120 is still on the small side IMO, especially if this is the 4'x2' footprint. 6'x2'x2' would be better.

Ya your right I forgot about the smaller footprint of the 120 I was thinking in gallons.

I edited my last post with another idea though.

The 120g is 5 feet long. 1.5 feet long and 2 feet tall.

Would that tank be too small for demasoni's and yellow electrics?

How many of each should I get? I was thinking 4 of each. And try to get 3 females and 1 male. Try at least, I know it's hard to do that especially when you buy them young. Also are there another fish that would go well with them, like another cichlid or bottom feeder that would go well with them?

Depends on the type you want less aggressive like labs you can get away with less but more aggressive like demasonis you would need more. And it would also depend on your filtration and if you have enough caves or not.
My 55 I'm running 2 jbj efu25 4 stage canister filters and have the whole back of the tank piled with rocks.

Communitycichlid helped me out some with my stocking numbers I'm sure he will chime in soon. But is say mabey a dozen max on that tank at one time I did have 28 in here but it was only temporary so I could choose which ones to keep and which ones to give to a friend while his tank was cycling.

Ok thanks! Did you get yours online or in store?

It's for the vines growing out of the top of the tank and for the plants in my hob riparium. I got some from a lfs and some from a local breeder.

Back
Top Bottom