Cichlid shyness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok ill just stick with the three dif species i have

The issue with that is you have no idea how their dynamic will work out. It's clear you don't have the proper experience to have a mixed tank. Stick with one species it will allot simpler and easy to predict.

Really ok so i have a blood red parrot, blue acara, and firemouth in rhe cichlid department. My fam likes the blp the best so id like to keep those if i have to change it( even though they might grow out) even though id rather just keep all my cichlids

Personally I'd ditch all of those but the Firemouths, they'll be easier to maintain and won't put as large of a bio load on the aquarium as the others.

Ok i could ask but i dont think it will pass with my fam because they love all three

Why do u have to get a larger tank, btw these 3 almost never fight

Only sometimes the firemouth/blueacara nip eachother but barely

Why do u have to get a larger tank, btw these 3 almost never fight

They are still young and haven't started to sexually mature, that will change.

Once they grow more the bioload on the 55 will be to great. Also you're talking about fish that get 6" + and the 55 is only 12" wide. That is not allot of space for medium sizes to swim and turn around especially with decor.

1 is recommended for a 55g, depending on the actual fish they can be very aggressive/territorial and dispute having silly mouths it doesn't stop them from fighting with other cichlids their own size.

You need to remember bps are very bulky fish, they may be 7inches long but also 5/6inches tall and several inches wide.

2-3 should be ok for awhile since they grow slower but they can still be aggressive with each other.

But 1 full grown adult is best in a 55.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom