cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joselito76

Aquarium Advice Regular
Today I went to the San Antonio zoo and the have a section for lake tanganyika fish including a hippopotamus . Well I saw this fish and I dont know what kind of cichlid ,but i realy like it. I took some pics with my phone i hope any of you can identified it ,and one with the hippopotamus in it.

Attachments

• CIMG0126.jpg
    CIMG0126.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 178
  • CIMG0130.jpg
    CIMG0130.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 175
  • CIMG0118.jpg
    CIMG0118.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 192
Nice. The top 2 are neolamprologus, I think. No idea about the thrid. Maybe peacocks?

There are 2 possibly 3or 4 venustus in with the hippos. Best (wild) guess on the dark Hap looking fish is some sort of Placidochromis.

Nice pictures. N. brichardi are a fairly easy spot; they usually get quite large. In the bottom picture, the dark one on the left appears to be what we used to refer to as a Red-top BB zebra; however, I believe their ID has now changed to something else (perhaps the Placidochromis mentioned above?)

Maybe it is a zebra, if it is in the extreme foreground compared to the venustus.... Body looks too deep when compared to the venustus, but if it were a lot closer to the camera then that would cause that illusion.

If it is a zebra it is one massive zebra.

We have those at my local fish store. The yellow ones with the blue face are in fact peacocks they went under the some goofy name sunshine peacock but often enough people don't realize because the juveniles lack those colors.

Back
Top Bottom