Circulation Pump.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say no. What's your goal? I run a fx5 a AC110 and a koralia power head rated at 1,000gph do your MJ1200 is fine.

I don't really have a goal, I was looking for a circulation pump, & it was on amazon for 17$ new, all in stores for 40$+ so I bought it.. I don't have fish yet, waiting for this tank to cycle but tonight when I got home, some of my plants were uncovered.. & had to replant them, & its not pointed down.. So I was curious if it was too much..

fishfool58 said:
I don't really have a goal, I was looking for a circulation pump, & it was on amazon for 17$ new, all in stores for 40$+ so I bought it.. I don't have fish yet, waiting for this tank to cycle but tonight when I got home, some of my plants were uncovered.. & had to replant them, & its not pointed down.. So I was curious if it was too much..

Nah your fine. I had 80+ Anubias and as my guys got older they just tore them up so I took the remaining out. Can't wait to see some pics! I use my power head to keep debris from settling on the substrate seems to be working just fine.

I say go for it. It's only what? 925gph?

Well, I've got my tank set.. A lot of the stuff in my tank ive had in previous tanks.. So not a lot of rocks YET. I'm saving up to buy some good rocks for my cichlids to hide.. Not sure which to buy as of yet.. & would it be better to keep as circulation pump or powerhead, I have sand substrate.

Pump is 1300 max gph, power head is 295 max gph.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the marine land was pretty cheap, & looked decent to try it out.. You're tank looks incredible. How do you post pictures on here? This is only my third thread... & where would I be able to find rocks & wood like that?

I wouldn't use that circulation pump for a DT there really only good as a utility pump. I have mine for mixing salt water. Go with an aqueon or a koralia

Okay, like i said it was cheap, never really got this into fish before, this tank I wanna do cichlids, got tired of tropical community fish & was given the 75 gal tank.. This is going to sound stupid but what does DT mean?

Display tank but trust me the extra $15 or so is worth the quality. Marineland just shipped the work to China so they could get cost down and the product is by far the cheapest made I've seen on the market mine actually just broke somewhat today lol

DT display tank.

Mrc8858 said:
Display tank but trust me the extra $15 or so is worth the quality. Marineland just shipped the work to China so they could get cost down and the product is by far the cheapest made I've seen on the market mine actually just broke somewhat today lol

Grrr lol beat me to it lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, makes sense now.. Well it will do for now right? Hah. I really need to get some rocks.. Make my tank more homey for my cichlids, wheres a good place to get rocks & what should I get? I figured out how to add photos from my iPhone. This is my tank.

Attachments

• image-2595832134.jpg
    image-2595832134.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 93
Mrc8858 said:
Slacking convict did that while wrecking some people in some infected ;) lol

Hahaha GREAT!! I gotta get back on my game!! But to the OP Mrc8858 is right. Your better off with a power head like a koralia.

The fastest koralia was like 70$. & the marineland was a 2 in 1 thing, but I'll definitely save up for that..

fishfool58 said:
Alright, makes sense now.. Well it will do for now right? Hah. I really need to get some rocks.. Make my tank more homey for my cichlids, wheres a good place to get rocks & what should I get? I figured out how to add photos from my iPhone. This is my tank.

Outside lol seriously :)

fishfool58 said:
The fastest koralia was like 70$. & the marineland was a 2 in 1 thing, but I'll definitely save up for that..

the koralia could last you years but the marineland I'd say one at best

Okay, well it's the first one I've ever bought so mistake/lesson learned. & there's no good rocks around where I live.. Haha.. Everythings like concrete.. Or cinderblocks.

+1 on the outside. Do you have any lakes, rivers, creeks anything like that? Bet you find some nice ones around there. I had Cichlid stones but slowly taking them out for a more natural look.

Back
Top Bottom