Cloudy water but perfect levels? Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree but it worked for his tank and his fish are fine. Just a suggestion.

any time i do a partial water change i worry about the temperature and the fish going into shock with it being to cold or just to different. should this be a comcern ?

firebapx said:
any time i do a partial water change i worry about the temperature and the fish going into shock with it being to cold or just to different. should this be a comcern ?

They should be fine. I've done it once and they were fine. Just make sure the water temp is roughly the same when adding new water and the heater will make up for the difference. I believe I have a bacterial bloom in my tank. Should I just wait it out ?

yep. I am determined to end the reign of cloudiness though!

A while ago in a different thread (can't find it, unfortunately) I read that when you're battling a bacteria bloom you have to do daily or twice daily water changes from the top of the tank to clear it out. Don't vacuum the gravel, just take the water from as close to the top as you can. I can't say I understand why this would work, but the person who suggested it said they cleared their bacteria bloom in a few days with this method, if I remember right. It couldn't hurt if you're out of things to try.

A while ago in a different thread (can't find it, unfortunately) I read that when you're battling a bacteria bloom you have to do daily or twice daily water changes from the top of the tank to clear it out. Don't vacuum the gravel, just take the water from as close to the top as you can. I can't say I understand why this would work, but the person who suggested it said they cleared their bacteria bloom in a few days with this method, if I remember right. It couldn't hurt if you're out of things to try.
Thanks! If the cloudiness comes back after my rampage last night then I might try that!

Back
Top Bottom