Clown fish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishnewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I need your advice please

My tank has a number of very small snails in it and in the filter. They appeared after I got new plants from pets at home. I have been advised to get a clown fish which would eat them but would it get on with my other fish which are neons, zebra danios, male betta, honey gouramis, blue rams, Golden rams, mettalic blue rams, plates, clown plec, bristlenose and apple snail?
Thank you!!

I think you mean clown loach, and yes it would eat the snails (including the apple). Smaller species of loaches would also eat them, but also go after the apple snail.

Thank you!
I like my apple snail!! Is there anything I could get that would leave my apple snail alone but kill the tiny ones??

Remove the apple snail, use the loach, remove the loach, return the apple snail. If you talk to people with more experience with smaller loaches you may find out if they would really go after an apple. I am not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me either way, to find out if the small species of loaches would bother a large apple snail.

Back
Top Bottom