clown loach missing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hadvisor

Aquarium Advice Regular
I tore down my 46 gallon on Tuesday night, probably took out about 10 gallons or so, scrubbed some rocks and cleaned the gravel. I don't use a Python but just bucket it into the bathroom. I think I might have sucked up a clown loach. Has this ever happened to anybody? I was thinking that I just got him upset and he took off for awhile - usually is out during the day with the other one. Any clues? I know this is a stupid question to be asking via internet but I'm stumped. You would think that I would see him get sucked into the tube....
Don

your python should have a grate just before the actual hose that makes it impossible for fish to get sucked up (other than fry and white cloud minnows).

I believe he said he DOESn't use Python.

I sucked up a neon the first time I ever cleaned with my Python because I was paying too much attention to the hose & valve. Next thing I knew, I saw him swirling away inside the siphon! 8O Luckily that's as far as he got! :)

Still no sign of him yet - the other one seems to enjoy being by itself(a lot more active and swimming with other fish). I'm so disgusted with the whole thing, haven't lost a fish since christmas...

what kind of filter do you have? I only ask cause today I found two fish in my sump that I thought I had lost. One had been in there for probably at least a month.

Clown Loaches are very good at hiding, I thought I lost one only to find it hiding in a decrotative tree stump. the hole was small I don't know how he got in there but he came out on his own. Check all your rock and other items in the tank before giving up.

I lost a penguin once, thought I had sucked it up in the syphon, but it had jumped. I found it on the carpet a few days later. :(

I lost a penguin once, thought I had sucked it up in the syphon, but it had jumped. I found it on the carpet a few days later.

Ah yes, we call that "Carpet Surfing". It stinks when it happens, but I think we've all had it happen at one time or another.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom