Clown pleco!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys i have a 40 gal with rocks, And tons of plants
1 small angel, 6 hatchets, 7 glowlight tetras, 1 feather fin catfish, and i pecock eel. ( eel and catfish are relativley small)
Could i get a clown pleco?!?

I have 2 the one in my 25g hides a lot and is scared of me. But the one in the 54g hangs out in front of the tank either on the glass, rock, DW, or air tube. He doesn't even swim away when I put a cucumber near him. I love them they look great, and love their veggies!!!!

Hey guys i have a 40 gal with rocks, And tons of plants
1 small angel, 6 hatchets, 7 glowlight tetras, 1 feather fin catfish, and i pecock eel. ( eel and catfish are relativley small)
Could i get a clown pleco?!?
A featherfin gets pretty big, so does a peacock eel. IMO, you should call it quits on any more bottom feeders with your current stock.

Just a little over an inch... And I don't know he muches on the rock,DW, and glass so I suppose so. Also I heard that most "algae eaters" only eat algae when they are young.

I have a clown and he seems interested in wood only and is very shy. I used to have this plastic cave in my tank and the clown would never leave it. I ended up taking it out and now I see my clown all the time. Hanging on to his favorite wood.

My clown does not eat algae and has refused to eat cucumbers or algae wafers.

I had to get a couple of oto's to take care of my algae...man they do a great job

AlTheBruinsFan said:
I have a clown and he seems interested in wood only and is very shy. I used to have this plastic cave in my tank and the clown would never leave it. I ended up taking it out and now I see my clown all the time. Hanging on to his favorite wood.

My clown does not eat algae and has refused to eat cucumbers or algae wafers.

I had to get a couple of oto's to take care of my algae...man they do a great job

I have a clown pleco too and he just hangs on his "spot" on the DW and rarely ventures out. He is also not much into algae and wont eat cucumbers, I thought he was weird but good to know he has a brother out there! My LFS is getting some otos in this week, I will pick a few up to help with my algae since my pleco won't eat it. I hear oto's are amazing, can't wait to put them in!

I have a clown pleco too and he just hangs on his "spot" on the DW and rarely ventures out. He is also not much into algae and wont eat cucumbers, I thought he was weird but good to know he has a brother out there! My LFS is getting some otos in this week, I will pick a few up to help with my algae since my pleco won't eat it. I hear oto's are amazing, can't wait to put them in!

Yeah oto's are pretty cute and very effective at eating algae. My smallest one thinks he is a zebra danio and will sometimes swim around with them.

I have 2 Clowns but you'd never know it. Have a castle and they stay inside 24-7. Buggers

Clowns are mainly just something to take up space. one time mine was still for 38 hours. Straight. I timed it. The amoutn he poops is amazing-like a pound a month. otos are much better, so are nerite snails. IMo, there are only 3 plecos that eat any algae. at all. BN, pitbulls, and common plecos. besides, you shouldnt buy a fish for the sole reason of eating algae. There shouldnt be much in the first place. some people actually grow algae to provide these creatures with a steady supply.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom