Clownfish not eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Winter-huntsman

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just got a new set of clowns yesterday and they still won't eat. It's like they don't notice it. All they do is attack there reflection. Is this a normal thing they do in tanks or should I be worried?

All tank parameters are perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, just watch them. I've had fish go three days before they would eat.

So I should be fine then? I'm just a little on edge because my last set of clowns died in 2 days ( that happened last month). I'll try giving them a little food again tomorrow and maybe then they at least nibble on it.

Yeah, and if they don't, then try mixing it up. Mine get chopped shrimp and flakes. I make my own fish food that I feed once a week and the eat it up

They are very new to the tank, so just wait a couple of days.
Maybe try some live food, mine love black worms.

Ok, the smaller one is starting to eat and the larger one is starting to develop a interest in the food but not eat it. I'll continue to monitor them.

Got them to eat. I tried using cyclopods and they went after those. I think my frozen brine shrimp is way to old because they eat it then spit it back out instantly.

Good that they are eating.

Nobody likes freezer burned food I guess. I recently tried feeding some old stuff like last cubes in the pack and they didn't eat them either!

Back
Top Bottom