Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jonnyred

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have 2 clowns in a 46ltr fluval edge tank with a modded impeller A634 in the filter pump system( told this doubles filtering) one of the clowns I think it's the female keeps lying down in the sand ???
They both feed well and are active etc is this normal ???

Could be clowns behaving strangely (they do that) could be an issue with tank size - not really enough room for a pair of clowns to live comfortably. What is your water parameters? I take it it's a new tank?

I saw another question about that and a couple people said their clowns did the same thing, but if they were eating it was probably ok. Mine haven't done that yet, though one of them is skimming the surface vigorously on occasion

Do you have a powerhead as well for surface agitation? Going to the surface is not normal and could indicate not enough oxygen in the tank. Have you tested your water? How did you cycle the tank?

I do have a powerhead, it looked like a territorial display as it was only the one fish and intermittent, within hours of coming into the new tank. He isn't doing it now

Back
Top Bottom