CO2 distribution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristaButler

Aquarium Advice Freak
One more question from me today.
I've seen the homemade co2 tanks and the huge co2 tanks. Then I noticed this in a video...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412774875.028447.jpg

Can it really be this sleek and small? Would you just make an itty bitty hole and attach a tube to this. Or would u need a pressure regulator? Does anybody know?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

it can be small and sleek but i believe the one in the picture is a one-time use co2 cylinder. it means that you have to buy the small cylinder very time it runs out as oppose to refill it. for this particular cylinder tank, i could be mistaken but, you can only turn it on or off by rotating the knob on the regulator that it comes with. there's not a solenoid if that's what you're looking for.

Do the home made ones really work? I mean you can't control the amount of co2 going into the tank. Couldn't you harm the fish?

I ran DIY CO2 in my planted 20g long for about 8 months with very good results. However, increased lighting, more demanding plants, and the need for an increased and consistent source of CO2 go me into a pressurized system.
I ran a two 2L bottle system. I had room in my cabinet to hide the bottles. Low cost setup and maintenance.
Caution: Link below to a long boring post. Good for curing insomnia.
My DIY CO2 Setup

Lol. So is the ratio 1 2l per 10 gallons?? In other words, do you think is need 3 liters for a 29 gallon??

Also how long does one of those 2 liters last?

I used two bottles so that I could swap them out and keep one running but you could just use one. The amount of sugar and/or yeast will affect CO2 output and duration.
For those plants you would be fine without CO2.

I use 20 oz paintball co2 tank with aquatek mini regulator i bought from ebay. Works great for small tanks and refill is cheap. My tank is running for almost two months now with 1-2 bps

Back
Top Bottom