Community Stock ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AaronW

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so I have a 60 gallon freshwater that's still cycling. Here's my stock i have currently:

1 Pictus cat
1 tiretrack eel
1 gourami
1 Pleco

I really want something with color. And a schooling fish that will pop and add a lot of character to my tank.

I'd love to hear some input!

You could do denison barbs, there are some larger tetras that would work with your stock. Rainbow fish are very colorful (I like the Red Irain Rainbows) so you could do a school of them. Emperior or Congo tetras are larger and would be good too. You could do a couple Koi Angelfish as they are a brighter orange color. Gold Angels are bright also.

Rivercats said:
You could do denison barbs, there are some larger tetras that would work with your stock. Rainbow fish are very colorful (I like the Red Irain Rainbows) so you could do a school of them. Emperior or Congo tetras are larger and would be good too. You could do a couple Koi Angelfish as they are a brighter orange color. Gold Angels are bright also.

Congo tetras are so nice. I'm gonna search my LFS. Cause im feeling pretty good about those! I don't think angels would be good cause this isn't really gonna be a planted tank. Red tetras might be too small. But definitely thinking about the Congo tetras.

librarygirl said:
What size are your fish now? Tire tracks can get up to 26", some even larger, so it'll likely outgrow your tank size eventually. If you do try schooling fish, don't get anything too small or the eel may likely eat it. Tire Track Eel, Mastacembelus favus Fish Guide for White Spotted Spinyeel Also what kind of pleco? If it's a common they get rather large as well.

My Pleco is a rhino. And my eel is only about 5 inches. Both the Pleco and eel are fairly small. My Pictus is about 4 inches.

Back
Top Bottom