Community stock suggestions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
librarygirl said:
None, you're already overstocked. The Tire Track can grow to 24+ inches so it's going to need a much larger tank. It can also become aggressive to your other fish as it matures. The Rhino Pleco can grow up to 10" as well and will need a larger tank. What kind of goldfish is it? Koi, commons and comets need ponds.

Well I plan on keeping the eel. In definitely getting 180 gallon tank. But for now I'll let him grow out. Once roger (my goldfish) outgrows the tank I'll rehome him. Can I l overstock? I do PWCs every day. I also run a fluval 405 and an AC70 for filtration

Zimmanski said:
I do think you're over stocked, but if you trade out your tire track for a peacock eel and get rid of your goldfish you may have some room. The problem with 60 gallon tanks is that they are tall and skinny. Although they're 5 more gallons than a 55 I would never get one because the foot print is so much smaller

Footprint?

Yea just means how much space there is on the bottom or how wide x how deep. (Not how deep the water is, how deep in measurement terms). A bigger footprint means more turn around room or more space for bottom dwellers like corys or loaches and so on.

Zimmanski said:
Yea just means how much space there is on the bottom or how wide x how deep. (Not how deep the water is, how deep in measurement terms). A bigger footprint means more turn around room or more space for bottom dwellers like corys or loaches and so on.

I don't think I can add any more bottom feeders. Because my tank is tall and skinny

Back
Top Bottom