compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fishman1234 said:
Anyone please?

Oh sorry I was busy but I say the shrimp but u don't like and I think what ur asking is what shud I put that is the prize looking fish well a neon blue dwarf gourami are a nice center piece that's prob all u can put

fishman1234 said:
Just one?

Or two though cuz the fish will produce to much crap for ur filter so one or two dwarf gourami or one fancy goldfish

fishman1234 said:
I thought they were coldwater

Know they're fine with fish as long the temp is 76-80 degrees farenheit and the fat ones not the long ones

I started my tank on April 2nd with one male swortail and two females. I now have one male, two females, and at least 10 babies 1/2 inch long with both females getting large again.

Yah that's perfect

I was advised against keeping goldfish in community tanks. They produce ALOT OF WASTE PLUS CAN GET HUGE! I was also advised that they should only be kept in Coldwater ie. Pond, or larger well filtered tank w/o heat ~ 125 Gallons!!!

I'm sorry my mistake they need at lest 75 degrees farenheit but go with the gourami

No goldfish. Too much crap comes out of them for that stocking. You need to pick. Black skirts or gourami... Not both.

15Sulcata said:
I'm sorry my mistake they need at lest 75 degrees farenheit but go with the gourami

You've been giving not so great advice so far on this thread. Goldfish shouldn't go with tropical fish. Black and white skirt tetras shouldn't go together and typically don't school. Black tetras are also not really community fish. They're best for species only tanks. They are also very big compared to neons. They produce a lot of waste.

We all start off new at one point, I did too :)

MABJ said:
You've been giving not so great advice so far on this thread. Goldfish shouldn't go with tropical fish. Black and white skirt tetras shouldn't go together and typically don't school. Black tetras are also not really community fish. They're best for species only tanks. They are also very big compared to neons. They produce a lot of waste.

Yah I do admit about the goldfish that was a mistake and the skirts are peaceful and great community fish and SCHOOL here's a link for proof that will conjugate ur statement http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+890+1563&pcatid=1563
And they do great as well with white skirts and I was telling him the usual purchase size I aware they get about 2.5" and that's enough there enormous like other fish and to reach that size takes time like 1-2 years so thanks for ur comments 

MABJ said:

I disagree. While black skirts can be nippy, it's usually only towards their own species, and is in my case more of a game of chase. I have 3 in a ten gallon (temporary) with a male betta, and they never nip him, and hardly ever nip each other. Lots of others have had wonderful experience with them (ask mdfrookie, and Chris182) and I have as well. I believe that with the appropriate size tank, and research prior to purchase, they make great community fish. Sorry... Just had to get that out there.

Homedog98 said:
I disagree. While black skirts can be nippy, it's usually only towards their own species, and is in my case more of a game of chase. I have 3 in a ten gallon (temporary) with a male betta, and they never nip him, and hardly ever nip each other. Lots of others have had wonderful experience with them (ask mdfrookie, and Chris182) and I have as well. I believe that with the appropriate size tank, and research prior to purchase, they make great community fish. Sorry... Just had to get that out there.

Agreed I also left a link about the skirts

Homedog98 said:

I guess a lot of people disagree. I personally have had them harass other fish. Perhaps it's just me!

Back
Top Bottom