compatibility questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i'm going to be starting a 50+ gallon tank in a month or so and i'm starting to think about stocking. I was looking to do Angel x1, Silver Dollars x7 and some Yellow Labs...prob like 5+ to spread aggression, lemme know if this won't work and if u have any ideas! :brows:

No African cichlids in a tank with angels.

Do you not even have the tank yet or are just not sure exactly how large it is?

Go as big as you can afford to do properly. No matter what size you pick you will wish you went bigger. I would suggest at least a 75. If you get at least a 75 go with the Fluval FX5 for a filter, you will be glad you did. You can get it shipped on Amazon for $209. I recommend sand (a particular brand).

Depends on who you talk to. I wouldn't. IME African cichlids do best when in tanks of all the same type of cichlid (all mbunas, all peacocks, etc.). African cichlids are too agressive to be in with stuff like silver dollars. Some people would say it is fine since the silver dollars would be a dither fish, but I think that is wrong. A tank should be an ideal habitat for ALL inhabitants, not just your favorite.

so any ideas for stocking? def doin silver dollars, lookin to add some color

hm, maybe another school or 2 and a centerpiece, just lookin for ideas :)

yeah, ima do an angelfish, wont an angel eat small tetras like neons?

What do you prefer in tjose fish you named?!?

Because to help you, first we need to know the one you cannot imagine you tank without! Then ww will see from that one and the size of the tank!!

silver dollars x7 and angelfish x1 are for sure going in a tank which will be a minimum of 50 gallons

they school beautifully and from what i read are peaceful...but they eat plants

like 5 in right? but aren't they more comfortable in larger #'s?

did some more research, silver dollars might be off the list

Back
Top Bottom