Convict fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea, i dont know what's going on but the others are up to something. if they are about to spawn im going to have some problems lol

mom and fry are still doing well. think I will try to get some video of them soon.

Well.....the male didn't make it. Females beat him up I guess lol wow. The two other females are hiding in the caves so I think mama is being pretty mean

Well.....the male didn't make it. Females beat him up I guess lol wow. The two other females are hiding in the caves so I think mama is being pretty mean

:( Sorry to hear that he dust make it. Lol, beaten up by girls. Are you gonna separate the mom?

:( Sorry to hear that he dust make it. Lol, beaten up by girls. Are you gonna separate the mom?

I don't know. Normally I will just let nature take its course but this female is being very aggressive and the other females are hiding in the caves all the time. I can't move her out but if I have to I will move the other two until the fry grow up some more.

I am planning on moving my mother convict and her fry to a bigger tank tomorrow. Will this be ok or would the fry get stressed and stop eatting.

Had to move my two females to my 10 gallon. They've been hiding in one of the caves and never come out! When I moved them I put food in and they were afraid to come out and eat :-( the fry are growing well tho

umm okay. so one of the other females was still hiding in the cave. I decided to "pour her out" of it. I did, along with a bunch of fry.......i have two tanks with convicts and fry.

OMG

question: is it normal for the female to beat the male to death? just found my male struggling. fins are very tattered. He's likely a goner.

I've had that happen to me. The female usually cares for the fry in my experience

I've had that happen to me. The female usually cares for the fry in my experience

Funny, my males have always taken care of the fry after the first few weeks. (the female gets tired and just abandon the fry) but I've never had any pairs beat each other up afterward.

for both pair of mine, the female did away with the males. the second one got beat up and died, on fathers day of all days lol

at what point can I remove the mother? I'd like to keep the fry in their own space to grow.

Well so far everyone is doing great. The first batch are getting big. You can see their stripes now. The second batch are starting to show a growth spurt. I have to move them soon tho. Got a lot of them!

Well so far everyone is doing great. The first batch are getting big. You can see their stripes now. The second batch are starting to show a growth spurt. I have to move them soon tho. Got a lot of them!

So what are you planning to with all your fry?

i have no idea. i certainly need to move them to a bigger tank. will visit a few of my stores to see if they want some of them. between both batches i have about 200 of them

I guess they are full grown. To be honest I thought convicts get bigger than they are and thought I had a while to go before getting fry. shows how much I knew about them :D

I need to get me a camera so I can start getting some good pics. I love my iPhone but taking fish pics with it aint happening lol

I guess they are full grown. To be honest I thought convicts get bigger than they are and thought I had a while to go before getting fry. shows how much I knew about them :D

I need to get me a camera so I can start getting some good pics. I love my iPhone but taking fish pics with it aint happening lol

This is the 2nd batch from these guys. The male is barely 3.5".

Attachments

• image-1473008147.jpg
    image-1473008147.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom