Coral lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ximat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am a beginner to saltwater and am slowly getting my tank established and am planning for the future. Right now I am researching lighting options. I would like to have coral, no idea what, but would like to have the ability to have a large selection. Basicaly what I am getting at is what type of lighting should I look at and any web pages anyone would recomend?

I have a 75g so it is 48" wide. I do not want to deal with extensive MH lighting since I do not have a fancy hood for the tank.

Thanks.

Check out www.hellolights.com without MH ur option will be PC, VHO, or T-5, all have their own advantages and disadvantages. I use PC and am very happy with it i am able to keep most LPS and soft corals along with polyps and shrroms, in any case you probably will not be able to keep sps corals

You have a lot of options for lighting. Check with Darin at www.captivereefs.com He is a memeber and sponsor of this site. he has a nice selection and it is hard to find prices better then his.

just to add on to landos post definately check out captivereefs. Not only do you get the selection and price but you also get great and knowledgeable customer service.

Excellent customer service from captivereefs, they'll give you info and help you get the right setup.......without trying to make $ by selling you what you don't need.

Jim

How's this one, or something like this: http://www.hellolights.com/48aqpr2x15hq.html

The aquarium is in a living room so I don't want extensive hoods and ballasts and such, that's why im wanting something compact - which is why I orginally said no MH. But if they make compact MH that wont catch on fire it isn't bad... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom