Cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibberwatt

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, Aqadvisor says this works, but I wanted your guyses opinions: If I have a 29 gal aquarium, with a pair o' angels and a red tailed shark, could I add four emerald cories without anyone dying for any reason?

Thanks

Cory's like to dig. If the substrate is sharp or too corse it can wear down their barbels and then they have trouble finding food.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know. And I also have some new driftwood in my tank, so they should like it (The angels are still not sure about it though).

Just an opinion, you should have a bigger tank. Especially for your red tail shark. They require lots of room to swim and hide.

In my opinion, angels are a bad idea. They get their fins damaged easily and they get huge. Instead of a red tailed shark, get a rainbow shark. Its a little smaller and more peaceful, the color is slightly different but the shape is the same. Look up gold corydoras, its similar to the emerald cory but much more beautiful, you should get 6 cories instead, 4 may be a little too little haha

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have already had everyone but the cories for a year and a half. The angels have the bad water bend in their dorsal fin, but that is because I was an idiot when I got them and didn't know what cycling was. And Steve (the shark) has been very happy to date - he spends all his time in a treehouse deco.

And I would like to get more than 4, but the lfs only had 4, as of yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom