Crate aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it's a little confusing. Budget not really a problem its more about just liking the wood theme however I do still want to save as much money as I can. And I'm not against filtration I just was wondering about it. I have a filter if its necessary. I just don't want to leave things plugged in when I'm gone if you know what I mean.

NatureFish
????

Well...in that case. I would suggest buying a tank of whatever size you want and framing it in with wood. And on the filtration side...I would STRONGLY suggest some kind of mechanical and biological filtration no matter what kind of fish you decide on keeping.

I really really like what you made though so I want to build that but small enough to fit in the house. And I'll add the airline filter I have.
The other reason I asked about having a filter or not is because I have a 280 gallon fountain with no filter with 10 fancies and the water is clear and the fish are very healthy and active. The only thing in there is a pump for the water feature with some of that mesh filter material over it.

NatureFish
????

Well...depending on your house. I made that landscape timber pond so I could disassemble it and reassemble in my basement for the cold winters. So technically you could fit that 300+ gallon tank in your house!

By my house I mean my room and its not very big.....

NatureFish
????

Ohhh...okay...back to my previous post then...buy a tank. Create some fake rough cut timbers with wood and frame it in and leave yourself a viewing window...doing it the way I did will end up costing a bunch of unneeded money because most of the supplies needed can't be purchased in small quantities.

Ohhh...okay...back to my previous post then...buy a tank. Create some fake rough cut timbers with wood and frame it in and leave yourself a viewing window...doing it the way I did will end up costing a bunch of unneeded money because most of the supplies needed can't be purchased in small quantities.

I could still cut it and use the rest for wood as I am always needing wood for fixing and patching stuff.

NatureFish
????

Thanks for helping out by showing your creation! I'm going to do it for sure!

NatureFish
????

I think I'll start this weekend if my schedule allows it!

NatureFish
????

So how exactly do I install the pond liner?

NatureFish
????

Not really sure how it will work with that small of a setup by I basically just played mine inside and 300 gallons worth of water pressure kept it in place

I'm going to but some water totes for next summer and do some breeding in them. Jeta, is there anything special that needs to be done to the totes before cycling, like cleaning?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I think it will be ok with just regular old pond liner. I'll fill it up with water outside and if it holds water I'll drain it and then take it back inside and full it up again.

NatureFish
????

I'm going to but some water totes for next summer and do some breeding in them. Jeta, is there anything special that needs to be done to the totes before cycling, like cleaning?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

What is a water tote?

NatureFish
????

Just get some that didn't have any petroleum products or other nasty stuff in them. Preferably food grade if you can find them. Just chop the top and scrub the entire thing down with a bleach/water solution. I use about a cup per gallon.

Also for your build naturefish I suggest doing some kind of filtration. A sponge filter would be ok but making a basic pond filter out of a 5g bucket would work much better.

Sent from Peabody's rabbit hole.

Back
Top Bottom