Cross country trip for two weeks, HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seasidelover102

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi, I'm going on a cross-country trip for 2ish weeks in June(I know it's in like, eight months but, I think ahead). I have a 5.5 gallon tank that will probably be mostly full by June. As far as food goes, I'll just get one of those trip feeders for the fish but who will clean the tank. I think it could go a week at the most but... And I can't really ask my neighbors because they are either old and I don't know them very well or they are young and I babysit them. Not sure what to do, any suggestions would be great, thanks!

you could skip 2 weeks of cleaning if you have a good filter and feed less , fish can go 1 week with out food with no problem 2 weeks is pushing it unless there big fish , but that is a tiny tank , I would only feed them once or twice in that time to keep the water clean

What fish will be in the tank and is it filtered?

It is filtered, I already have two guppies in there now. I'm thinking about a Dalmatian Molly, a ghost shrimp, and a glofish.

As long as the filter is sufficient you probably only need to feed twice.

If the filter is viable the tank should be able to go two weeks without a water change.

As a side note, a dalmation molly is not an appropriate choice for such a small tank. You really should have a tank that is at least 30" long to keep a molly in long-term.

Back
Top Bottom