Crypts attaching to wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The answer is both. lol

Typically people will tie them where they want them, then over time the roots of the plant will actually adhere to the surface of the wood and hold themselves in place. This works for anubias' type plants as well.

The answer is both. lol

Typically people will tie them where they want them, then over time the roots of the plant will actually adhere to the surface of the wood and hold themselves in place. This works for anubias' type plants as well.
I didn't know this, thanks! About how long would this take?

Soon after posting this I had a thought: I did not even consider that maybe the crypts were in fact java ferns, which I think look similar to some crypts. Dur. haha

Don't know about crypts, but my Java Ferns take 6-8 weeks to be well anchored. My anubias about 2-3 weeks. <People usu. just tie the plant to the wood with some thread & forget about it. By the time the thread rots, the plants are stuck.>

never heard this about crypts also. they tend to be root feeders and do best planted in rich substrate.

java ferns dont look like crypts not even close in my eye lol

Back
Top Bottom