cycling help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zecolmeia

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I got seachem stability. Following directions on dosing. But to make sure tank is stable I want to add ammonia to see it cycle. Does this make sense. I I would be looking for ammonia to drop the presence of nitrites then nitrates correct. Any help is appreciated

As long as this is fishless, go ahead and dose ammonia up to 3-4ppm. I am interested to see if the Stability has any effect. Keep us posted! :)

Have you read the fishless cycle guide? Dose ammonia and test your parameters for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph once a day. If Stability works as it states, you should have zero ammonia and nitrite with lots of nitrates in 24hrs. If it doesn't work (and I suspect it won't), your just going to be starting a regular fishless cycle. Let's see what happens. :)

So no change... I'm going to get as much gravel from a lbs as they'll give uo. How and where in the tank should I put it. Can it be any freshwater tank I get seeding material from

So no change in ammonia in 4 days. All levels are good. How else can I speed it up.

Cycled media is the best. If you are in the US, you can purchase cycled filters from Angelsplus. Some (not all) people have had success with Tetra safe start. Otherwise, you will need some patience. :)

Zecolmeia said:
Can you send a link for angelsplus. Can't find it on site.

http://www.angelsplus.com/FiltersSponge.htm

This takes you straight to the active filter part, about halfway down you will see where the have sponge filter sizes and prices, the little blue boxes to the left of them is where you put in the quantity you want to purchase. Ad BE SURE you get one that says 'active', if it doesn't then your getting a normal filter that wont help as far as seeding goes :)

Reactions: jlk
So I got a cycled filter. I was planning on sticking it on the end of hob attachment in tank. How long before other filter has enough bb

I would either run it with an airpump or cut it up and add it to your filter. Prior to putting it in your tank, do a decent water change to drop your ammonia down to 1-2ppm so you dont overwhelm the bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom