Cycling??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I started with snakes. I was in a reptile club and I was also working at a reptile store as the manager.
I owned a wide variety of snakes.

Years later I got into lizards. I owned bearded dragons. I owned Uromastyx And I owned blue tongue skinks.

I bred the BD's. Huge clutches.
I tried to breed the Uros. Eggs, but no success.
The Bluetongue's I never bred.

I had Egyptian, Mali, and Ornate Uros.

Yes, I have a collector mentality. If I'm interested in something I tend to dive in deeply.

When I had to sell my house, I sold off my tarantulas. But I sold them to a club member who was doing captive breeding so they would become part of the breeding program, not just sit as pets. I had some very rare species in my collection.

Before I sold my house I had also become a Falconer, so that was using up the majority of my time so I had been planning to sell my collection anyway.

Bad pic of me with one of the Falcons.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423685784.059472.jpg

During this whole time I was competing with my dogs as well.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423685847.245904.jpg

So yeah I've owned a bunch of different animals over the years. So I know a little about a lot of things and I know a lot about a few things.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I used to when I owned my house.
Had at least 64 at one point. A lot were babies. My largest was my male Goliath Bird Eater. Sorry, no pics on this phone. I sent him out for breeding once we knew he was a boy.

F**k that.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

With the falconer thing, I do have to agree with treeman, you rock. My dad has been researching the hell out of getting a falcon or a hawk.

With the falconer thing, I do have to agree with treeman, you rock. My dad has been researching the hell out of getting a falcon or a hawk.

Finding a Master Falconer to be your sponsor can be the hardest part. I was part of an educational nonprofit so we actually had a variety of birds at my house. Owls, Hawks and Falcons.

Starting out a Redtailed Hawk is the bird of choice. The only other legal bird to take as an apprentice at least when I was doing it was a kestrel and those can be harder to start with.

F**k that.

?? My Goliath boy was a big scaredy cat. If I can find it there's video somewhere of me holding a huge female Goliath. She did not belong to me but I got to meet her at our annual tarantula conference. I was absolutely terrified but I was all about facing my fears.

I do not recommend handling this species but it was a special occasion, and the owner had spent hours gently habituating this particular spider to being handled. Basically we sat as still as possible and allow this massive spider walk over us.

If you're just exclaiming over the 64 spiders, at least 1/2 were probably baby slings in little pill bottles.
No escapes and I've never been bitten. I realize that my spider room could have featured in several peoples nightmares. I was afraid of spiders, so I got a baby tarantula to get over my fear.

Last edited:
?? My Goliath boy was a big scaredy cat. If I can find it there's video somewhere of me holding a huge female Goliath. She did not belong to me but I got to meet her at our annual tarantula conference. I was absolutely terrified but I was all about facing my fears.

I do not recommend handling this species but it was a special occasion, and the owner had spent hours gently habituating this particular spider to being handled. Basically we sat as still as possible and allow this massive spider walk over us.

If you're just exclaiming over the 64 spiders, at least 1/2 were probably baby slings in little pill bottles.
No escapes and I've never been bitten. I realize that my spider room could have featured in several peoples nightmares. I was afraid of spiders, so I got a baby tarantula to get over my fear.

I hate spiders. I have always wanted a tarantula just because I think it'd be interesting to watch, but I know I'd always be panicking and thinking I feel something crawling up my leg at night.

I hate spiders. I have always wanted a tarantula just because I think it'd be interesting to watch, but I know I'd always be panicking and thinking I feel something crawling up my leg at night.

Lol - just what I needed to read before bedtime :)

I love my bearded dragon. I won't argue with Cosair since she was breeding them and has way more experience than me, but I keep mine in a 4x2x2 lizard enclosure and I'm looking at getting him a bigger one because I think he looks cramped. I always over house/under stock though.

I love my bearded dragon. I won't argue with Cosair since she was breeding them and has way more experience than me, but I keep mine in a 4x2x2 lizard enclosure and I'm looking at getting him a bigger one because I think he looks cramped. I always over house/under stock though.

Thats why I said maybe. I don't love aquariums for most reptiles.
My 1.2 BDs were in a custom 6'x2'x4' if I remember right.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thats why I said maybe. I don't love aquariums for most reptiles.
My 1.2 BDs were in a custom 6'x2'x4' if I remember right.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What's 1.2 stand for? And ah man, that's close to the dimensions I've been looking for. I've been wanting to get him at least a 72x30x30 but anywhere I find that will make it charges over $1,000 not including the shipping cost of sending it to me.

1male2female

I got it for $50. Their snake passed away. Owner was a cabinet maker so he'd made it himself.

You could have someone just build you one. We used to use wood and varnish really well and put our vent holes on the sides not the top.

Back
Top Bottom