Dainty cory - worrysome growth or differnt gender??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishingMouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! My tank and qt tank were set up about a month and a half ago, and thanks to some seeded material were both fully cycled so I got a school of 4 corydora habrosus. I didn't get them into the qt tank so I didn't notice until now because they were in a colored tub for drip acclimation. I did that as people say to, drip in, empty half, drip then empty half, a well as floating them in a new clean Baggie for a little bit for the temp.
Because of all this, I didn't notice this slight bump on one of them till now.....it it just a different gender, or should I be worried?
All water params are normal, 0, 0, 5, and 7.4. I just got them today around 4, and even though the qt tank is sparse except for some duckweed that came with the cories from my lfs (I'll transfer it in the morning if I decide I like it) and a bubbler, petco heater, and tetra pf10 in a 5 gal.

I put this in general since I wasn't sure if it was actually unhealthy or not, if it is then ill start a post there! So far they are all doing their cory cat thing and zooming around! They look like ice skaters on the bare bottom of my qt haha.

Anyway, any feedback would be welcome, as I'm already attached to the little guys!

Attachments

• image-3908136062.jpg
    image-3908136062.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 76
Could be an injury or a parasite or a scar.

I would add a chunk of Java Fern or Moss in there. Cories need a hiding spot or they stress.
Heck even a fake cave. My habs are very cute, but will retreat to cover if startled

Back
Top Bottom