Danio Fat and in a Bad Mood!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pjos11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just started well 3 weeks now. I Have 4 zebra Danios, 4 cardinals , 4 Platies. 10 Plants A log of wood. My tank is a Trigon 350 litres.

I`m concerned about two of the fish.

One of which is a Platie, he hides under the filter and I dont think hes feeding. His tail is not Fanned out like the others its kind of horizontal/straight. He seems to be breathing fast.Also it looks as if he has a bump on his head!

The other is one of the Zebra Danios I think she is a SHE :? She is fat and always chases the other Danios which is a constant battle!!

My readings are:
ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5-10
PH 7.4

I could use your advice please.
Paul

Danios do tend to be agressive fin nippers. Not too much you can do about that unless you want to take the danios back to the store and get some less agressive fish.

Do you have a QT tank? It sounds like your platie may be ill. If you can get him in an uncluttered enviroment for closer inspection, you may be able to make more helpful observations. If he is only hiding due to the agression of the danio, then he should eat just fine in the QT, and you will know the cause of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom