Dan's First Journal - Iwagumi Style - GLA Rimless 36-L 6g Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks awesome! I'm not very familiar with the DSM, is there any backfire from flooding the tank? Like plants acclimating and stuff?

Woah thanks guys!!! MyanRyan- The only "acclimation" i think the plants need is just to make the CO2 super high the week you flood it since they had so much CO2 to use while emersed, then all that is gone under water so you need to keep it up high so they can get acclimated to the limited CO2 amount if that made sense. Other than that I can't think of anything!

Bill- No stock ideas yet...I just know it will be shrimp. Not sure what kind, though... I think I found a berried PFR in my other tank but with its deep red color its so hard to tell haha.

Hi all, I'm about to start my own rimless planted iwagumi. Ive been planing it for awhile and im almost ready to start.. This thread has been very educational for me and I think you have done a great job! Also Billbugg68's thread has been inspirational. Just wanted to put my two cents in. Be on the lookout for a new build thread in the near future! Adam.

Hi all, I'm about to start my own rimless planted iwagumi. Ive been planing it for awhile and im almost ready to start.. This thread has been very educational for me and I think you have done a great job! Also Billbugg68's thread has been inspirational. Just wanted to put my two cents in. Be on the lookout for a new build thread in the near future! Adam.

Thank you! I cannot wait to see what you come up with! Yeah, Bill sure has an inspirational tank!! Lol...so...I went with DSM and Bill went and filled the tank from Day 1...which was kind of our experiment to see which method works best, so, which one will you be choosing? ;)

Thank you very much! Looking forward to your build, let us know when you start the thread! :)

I'll keep my eyes peeled for that build thread

Just from what I've picked up while talking to Dan on chat, he said this tank has come down with a massive algae problem :( I gave him a few removing tips and we'll see how it goes :) I haven't seen Dan here much as of late, I hope things are going well.

Yeah he has the moments where he's posting everywhere and then disappears! Haha

I have the same tank and light. I had to suspend my Ray2 because i just knew it would be too intense. I already had some algae i have to contend with at a suspended distance, what more sitting right on the tank. Anyway... Hope your suggestions work for him, Bud!

HELLO

I am backkk! Okay, I am going to be honest. I have not bothered with this tank in at least 2 months lol. That may seem bad, after not touching it and letting the light go down to like 5 hours per day the algae has actaully just stopped growing lol not sure what happened but i just have a bunch of overgrown plants and some "algae balls" lol. I am going to get in there and clean it all up today though i hope! should get it going back again, I have been really busy and been through a lot lately, not a lot of time for aquariums but I just totally cleaned my 60g up and next is the 6g, getting back into it!! :D

Glad you're back too! Hope everything is okay now, outside of the aquarium world. You had us worried.. can't wait to see some updates! Welcome back :)

I've been really enjoying this thread. I read it all in one siting! Makes me want to start my own rimless iwagumi type tank.
I hope there's an update soon!

Back
Top Bottom