Dead White Fin Tetra's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monte1214

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
- I've got a bit of a problem here...I've got a mix of White Fin Tetra's, Silver Danio's, "Rummy Noses", Australian Rainbow's, 3 Mollies, and two Rainbow Sharks. (One Albino, and a Red Tailed)

- I've had them in the tank for 2 weeks know, and in the last week, I've had two White Fin Tetra's die on me.

- Here's my question...should I be looking for some sort of disease in the tank or are they possibly being killed by one of the others?

- All help is greatly appreciated!

How long has the tank been set up? What size and what are your parameters? Any physical signs of disease? What is your water change schedule? How much each time?

- The tank is in its 3rd week. It's a 46g.
- What other parameters do you need?

- No signs of disease
- I did a 1/3 PWC last week.

Hi, Sorry 'bout your losses. I suspect others will want to know your water parameters. If you don't have a UPI Freshwater Test Kit, you'll want to get one and test with that. Folks here will tell you the strips aren't very accurate. You'll want to tell us your NitrAte, NitrIte, Ammonia, and pH levels. These will tell us if your tank has cycled. Generally, depending on how you cycle it can take a month or so. Folks here will also have you read up on cycling and learn about fishless cycling (at this point you can't but it will help you understand what's going on with the water and why it can be harmful to the fish). Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom