depressed shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Return the shark or keep him?

• Return him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep him

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dragonchild85

Aquarium Advice Regular
Several months ago, I moved my red-tailed shark to a 7 gallon tank, so i could add more fish to my 40 gallon. Since then, he does not come out of the decoration/hiding hole when the light is on. I know he's alive, sometimes at night I'll see him swimming slowly, and during the day if I lift the lid off i can see his tail slowly swishing.

He used to eagerly eat algae off the community tank...there's now algae all over his 5 gallon.

Which is the lesser evil? Keeping him while he's so unhappy, or taking a chance at returning him to the lfs??

He's not happy in that tank because its too small for him. He needs more room. Try putting him in the big tank and moving someone else into the little one. Red tailed sharks cna get quite large. Maybe his future looks bleek to him because he knows he'll out grow his tank. :puppydogeyes:

I moved my red-tailed shark to a 7 gallon tank

A red tailed shark will definitley outgrow this tank, and is likely why it is feeling a little down...it doesn't have a chance to stretch it's legs...err...fins!

I would put it back into the 40 gal, and move someone else to the 7 gal, as already suggested.

Good luck.

I have a red-tailed shark that is too aggresive. Your problem seems kind of unusual. I am about to sell/ give my rainbow shark away because of his aggression.

Try putting him in the big tank and moving someone else into the little one.

He was in the 40 gallon before...but he would kill any other fish I added, and harrassed my platies...he even tried to fight the pleco. So I was told to move him into his own tank by others here. The seven gallon is the biggest that i have at the moment.

With my current fish, is moving him into the community tank a good idea??

Back
Top Bottom