Desert Gobies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
So my desert gobies should hopefully be in in about a week and a half so I REALLY need to get this tank set up ASAP. These guys are so cool! They're colorful and hardy and unique. They tolerate temps up to 100F and down to 40F. The perfect outdoor fish!

Going to set this tank up outdoors in an old 20 long. I've just bought 50lbs of PFS and I'm going to set it up tomorrow.

I'll have pics up hopefully soon...

Last edited:
Quick question. You know those big bags of river rocks you can get at home depot for like 5 bucks? Are those aquarium safe? I'm assuming so cause they're....rocks. But just want to double check if anyone's used them safely. I don't want to lose these guys...Also a lot of people say hydrometers suck for measuring salt content. But I'm not sure if I really need the accuracy of a refractometer. I'm only going to be adding maybe 2-3 teaspoons of salt to the tank anyways.

...that was several questions.

Last edited:
Everything I can find says they should be safe. You probably ought to soak them for a few days to make sure there are no chemicals on them before putting them in your tank.

Well I've got to nix this plan afterall. Weed eater knocked a rock into the out door tank and that's all she wrote. Luckily I hadn't bought the darned fish yet so that's a relief.

Back
Top Bottom