Diary of the 75G planted tank.... New pics 6/26/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey...

Here's more pics of my tank....

75g170.jpg

75g171.jpg

75g172.jpg

75g173.jpg

75g174.jpg

75g175.jpg

75g176.jpg

75g177.jpg

75g178.jpg

75g179.jpg

75g180.jpg

75g181.jpg

75g182.jpg

75g183.jpg

The last 4 pics are of a problem i might have. The Roseline had it when I got it, but not sure if it's really a problem. The nose is kind of white, and looks like part of the upper lip is missing. Could this just be from shipping, like the tails, or from the other fish before being shipped to me, and will it repair itself like the tails seem to be doing just fine?
75g184.jpg

75g185.jpg

75g186.jpg

75g187.jpg

Well, it's not as mellow as I expected. I don't know who the aggressor is, but one of my GBR's has a chunk taken out of his forehead. Was not like that last night. Will have to keep a close eye on him....

Sorry to hear about that LWB. It would seem that your GBR definitely has someone who doesn't agree with him. Of course, process of elimination points at the Rosaline(s).

Since you have this issue, it would be better to QT him and treat with Melafix. I'm considering the affect of moving him alone would be on the female, you may need to remove them both so they don't lose track of each other.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Well, I have a few more pics. Got pics of various fish, as well as the GBR with his big sore. Thinking of moving him to the 10G, as it's not occupied. I believe I know the aggressor now. One of the other GBR's is really showing his dominance, and attacking others that gets in his way. Never seen a GBR do that before. He is being very aggressive. He also sticks around the baby female too. My only problem is in order to keep it cycled, I put ammonia in this morning, and have an ammonia reading. Should be gone in the morning. Here's the pics....

The GBR with the chunk taken out of his forehead. Ouch that hurts.
75g188.jpg

75g189.jpg

My julii cory cat having a blast.
75g190.jpg

The male BN Pleco trying to hide from pics.
75g191.jpg

One of my Pandas.
75g192.jpg

What kind is this guy? The LFS had him listed as Agassizi. Is that what he is?
75g193.jpg

My male BN again, just can't stay away from the camera.
75g194.jpg

GBR again with the sore.
75g195.jpg

75g196.jpg

Felix just hangin around.
75g197.jpg

Male BN again.
75g198.jpg

75g199.jpg

Another of the GBR with the sore.
75g200.jpg

The last pic is pic# 200 that I have hosted on my site. Most of the pics are in the 75G thread, but there are a few others posted in other threads. That's a lot of pics, lol.

Whoa, that is one nasty gash! I doesn't look like he is holding a grudge (as evidenced in the photo with the rosalines) so maybe some time away can soothe things out. Also, I keep getting your rams confused with each other, probably because they are so much more colorful than other, especially so of the Bolivians.

Oh, the cory looks more like a green cory (c. aeneus) to me. Aggazzi's are more brown/beige with black spots.

Well, after doing some research, I decided to go ahead and dose the big tank with both Pimafix and Melafix. Will dose as per instructions. And since I don't use Carbon, no problems there. From what I've researched, shouldn't hurt anything in the tank, and help those that need the help. I did an ammonia test on the 10G, was over 2ppm this morning when I dosed, and now is about 1ppm. So I'd have to wait til tomorrow anyways before moving the fish. If it was anything else, then I'd definitely move the fish and dose, but being Pimafix and Melafix are natural remedies, and not real meds, will keep things as they are.

Once I get all my stuff in that I ordered, will set up the 29G with an instant cycle, and move my Bolivians over. After thinking hard about it, I'm going to go ahead and move all 3 over to the 29G. Then keep the GBR's in the 75G. Will also move a female BN pleco over too, but not the one the male is chasing, hehehe. Then I might add a few pencilfish, as I believe I was told they won't bother the eggs or fry. Just something to give the tank a busy look, but not overdo it.

Those are some great pics Lonewolfblue! Your roselines look really nice. I saw some today when I went to my lfs to pick up some plants. They were in a huge planted tank but none were for sale. I didn't realize roselines were so big. Your pics make them look a lot smaller then they actually are. I must say they are a very beautiful fish.

Btw I hope your GBR heals up completely!

Actually, yes, they are bigger than I expected. I was expecting a couple inches, but I have 1 that's just under 4 inches, and all the rest are between 4 and 4.5 inches. I was in shock when I saw them at the LFS, lol. My 75G is almost too small for them, lol.

Well, not sure if my guy is making it or not. I have not seen him in 2 days now. Last I saw him he was back in the thick plants on the left, in the swords. I can't find him anywhere. I used my flashlight, and not in either of the caves either. Will keep looking for him.

Well, I found the GBR, he's dead. Was up against the filter intake and all white. Nasty, lol.

Got more bad news too. I knew I should not have used the same equip between all my tanks, and now my 75G has ick. Was probably from running my algae scrubber between all my tanks. Need to watch my 26G, as I see one of the cherry barbs starting to flash. I might just bump up it's temp as well, just as a precausion. Got the first signs of it on 2 of my Roselines, just a couple dots. So up goes the temp. Hopefully the fish and plants will survive the higher temps, bumping it up ti 87-88 degrees now. I should have known not to use the same scrubber and nets between tanks, especially when the bala had ick really bad.

I'm sorry to hear about that Lonewolfblue! We all do stupid things - exspecially me lol!

Your tank looks really really great!!! And your fishes look awesome too. Just a little thing that I've recognised is that the colors would stand out even better with a black background!

Hi Tiffi....

Thanks for the compliment. As for the background, it's a painted background, so without taking everything out, and moving the whole tank, can't change backgrounds, lol. Plus, I like the look of this one. I just got some new paint for my 2nd planted tank. It's black with small flecks of white. So it will look pretty awsome. Will be starting a 29G thread once everything I ordered starts rolling in. :)

Well, now for the last stretch. Bumping my temp up from 84.5 to 87-88 today. I love this 300W Hydor ETH inline heater. I have the dial set at 84, and the heater turns off at 84.5. Closest heater I've ever seen where the temp matches the dial. :)

Well folks, I hate to say this, but I got eggs again, lol. The Bolivians did it again, lol. I can't wait to get the 29G set up. But here's my question:

I was planning on using media from my 75G to cycle my 29G. But will I transfer the ick as well? Or should I set up the 29G, use the media from the 75G to cycle the 29G, and up the temp to the same as the 75G, move the Bolivians over, and let sit for 2 weeks before lowering the temp? And besides, the Bolivians are currently in 87.5 degree water and wouldn't want to shock them by trying to acclimate over too wide a temp range. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

I would try to get rid of the ick in the 75gal first before messing with the filter material. Otherwise, you could definitely transfer ick. Get rid of it first and you can hook up the filter of the 29gal to the 75gal tank.

Back
Top Bottom