Did something crazy today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Mommaof4boys! I actually bought 5 more female guppies yesterday to even out my ratio (granted, it's still off), but i'm pretty sure they are all pregnant too! Geesh. I'm just planning on selling off a lot of the fry to my lfs, i guess. What else do people do with all these guppies, since all they seem to do is drop babies? :D
Also, a different question, is hornwort (the plant) the same as guppy grass?

Hey Mommaof4boys! I actually bought 5 more female guppies yesterday to even out my ratio (granted, it's still off), but i'm pretty sure they are all pregnant too! Geesh. I'm just planning on selling off a lot of the fry to my lfs, i guess. What else do people do with all these guppies, since all they seem to do is drop babies? :D
Also, a different question, is hornwort (the plant) the same as guppy grass?
Yeah, it's the same thing.

NOTHING! I'm beginning to wonder if any of them really have any fry in their belly's! I just keep searching for fry, examining their gravid spots to notice any changes and i have nothing to report. So annoying! :?

Lol! I can imagine!! You know, its probably cause you are waiting and can't stop wondering... they are going to keep you in suspense! :)

NOTHING! I'm beginning to wonder if any of them really have any fry in their belly's! I just keep searching for fry, examining their gravid spots to notice any changes and i have nothing to report. So annoying! :?
Well, I don't mean to be mean, but my pregnant platy gave birth last night... 12 new babies!

Well, as you all enjoy your bounty of fry, i will report that i found 1, ONE, rogue fry! :D I'll take it, but the annoying part is i don't know who's it is. I'm pretty sure it's a guppy and i have 3 pregnant guppies in this tank right now.

I tried to chase the fry down to put it in my safe little baby box w/my platy fry (which are about 3 weeks now), but i couldn't catch him. He got away and i've spent a lot of time searching for him again, but can't find him. Any advice on how to catch (and find) fry to get them out of harm's way?

But, at least i KNOW i have 1 fry!!!! lol

My trick is to turn the lights off for a period of time maybe 30 minutes or so and turn em back on. Sometimes they pop up so then you can nab em.

Lol why can't I live in the states and be subject to awesome fish hobbyists. Stupid canadians want too much for so little. If you breed endlers makes sure you get pics so I can put them on the wall and dream lol

Lol why can't I live in the states and be subject to awesome fish hobbyists. Stupid canadians want too much for so little. If you breed endlers makes sure you get pics so I can put them on the wall and dream lol
I'm sorry dude! Canada is great for fishing, but not for this hobby apparently. If you actually care you can look for a Classifieds ad made by me in a few months. I hope I can sell them easily...
I just ordered 12 of them from Severum Mama, and I payed a... um... considerable amount of money for them. But I think that it will be all worth it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom