Did something crazy today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Changed about 70% of the water and my nitrates are around 5-7 now. Much better. I'm wondering if it's safe to move my fry today or not.

You can move them any time as long as the in-bag time isn't too long. The only real factor is being able to catch them!

Thanks! I really needed some reassurance on that one. I'm about to move them to their new home. :)

Thanks! I really needed some reassurance on that one. I'm about to move them to their new home. :)
Don't be too worried, livebearer fry are actually quite hardy and are quite tolerant of water conditions. (I know this because if my cousin can keep fry alive, then they will tolerate a lot)

phoenixkiller said:
Don't be too worried, livebearer fry are actually quite hardy and are quite tolerant of water conditions. (I know this because if my cousin can keep fry alive, then they will tolerate a lot)

Actually, fry of any kind are very sensitive. I had some fry die in .5ppm of ammonia.

Well, i have 5 in my nursery net right now. My plan is to put them in a bowl with their current water and mix some of the new water in there too. Then i'll pour them in the new tank after about 15 mintues. Should i have a lot of decorations in there? I just have 2 fake plants, a bubbler clam (not plugged in) and a marimo moss ball.

Well, i have 5 in my nursery net right now. My plan is to put them in a bowl with their current water and mix some of the new water in there too. Then i'll pour them in the new tank after about 15 mintues. Should i have a lot of decorations in there? I just have 2 fake plants, a bubbler clam (not plugged in) and a marimo moss ball.
I would definitely get some more decorations. I love to use Java Moss, and the microorganisms that grow on it can provide a quick snack if they get hungry. At the very least get some more bushy fake plants and some big rocks. Fry like to hide, so give them some stuff to hide IN. I hope they will all be O.K!

Alright, I'll get more stuff. I keep trying to attach pics, but it's telling me I'm over my quota. ?? oh, well no pic of my fry hotel for now. ;)

Alright, I'll get more stuff. I keep trying to attach pics, but it's telling me I'm over my quota. ?? oh, well no pic of my fry hotel for now. ;)
Alright sounds good.

If you are trying to post some more pics, just go to User CP, scroll down until you see the sub-folder "Attachments" in the folder "Miscellaneous". It should have an option that says "Delete Attachments".

P.S. Sorry for half-bumping!

Thanks!! I deleted all my pics , so now I can show off my cute fry.

image-554472285.jpg

image-846639453.jpg

image-424655385.jpg

image-1394290461.jpg

Do you buy your plants local or online?

Attachments

• image-371356751.jpg
    image-371356751.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 57
Thanks!! I deleted all my pics , so now I can show off my cute fry.

View attachment 89889

View attachment 89890

View attachment 89892

View attachment 89893

Do you buy your plants local or online?
I buy them online, because the plants locally are such poor quality or are so expensive that they are never an option. Some good people to talk to about it would be Severum Mama, JetaJockey, or Maxwellag.

Very cute fry, I hope they will grow up and be even better colored! :)

I buy them online, because the plants locally are such poor quality or are so expensive that they are never an option. Some good people to talk to about it would be Severum Mama, JetaJockey, or Maxwellag.

Very cute fry, I hope they will grow up and be even better colored! :)

Oooh, Severum Mama just replied to one of my threads. I'm going to go talk plants now... thanks!

RaygunK said:
Oooh, Severum Mama just replied to one of my threads. I'm going to go talk plants now... thanks!

No problem. Let me know if you have another question 'bout common plants or livebearer fry! Im always open for questions.

What kind of lighting is on that tank? There are hundreds of plants to choose from!

They are the really cheap 2 bulb, i think 15 watt each, lighted lid. Nothing fancy. Suggestions for plants? And what do i need to stick with them or grow them on or whatever they do. ;)

phoenixkiller said:
Anacharis, Cabomba, Java Moss, Java Fern... the possibilities are almost limitless.

LOL you're just repeating my low light speech. In low light, the possibilities aren't limitless. But you still have a lot of possibilities.

What kind of bulb do you have? The more watts the better. Make sure it is in the 6500k to 10000K range. Then you should be able to grow more plants like anubias and some crypts.

They are 25 watts a piece, so 50 watts total. I can't find the K number. Do i need to buy something specific for them to grow on? I'm running to my LFS this morning to check selection and prices. And i might go ahead and get something so i don't have to wait on shipping.

Back
Top Bottom