different kind of catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinM

Aquarium Advice Activist
after almost 3 years Im finally getting around to setting up my 75 gallon tank

How well would Oil catfish, banjo cats, and Black Kuhlii Loach do together? Or just the Oil and banjos? The Oil cats are a for sure in this tank since I have wanted some for a very long time.

its going to be a high tech planted tank with driftwood, so it would have lots of hiding places.

They all stay small enough that they should work fine together.

Your Tank

Hello Kev...

These cats get pretty big and are pricey. Any cats will need a well planted bottom and extremely clean water. So, no slacking on the water changes, dude!

Just change the water frequently and feed a lot of frozen blood worms and freeze dried tubifex worms.

One other thing, these guys are peaceful, but predatory. They could go after any fry that swim by them.

B

They get pretty big? These are all smaller species.

The banjos get semi big, in a 75 though.. not a concern. Those oil catfish look sweet.. but yah.. change water dude..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Eh, I don't really consider a 6" max size as big but I guess if you are not used to larger fish it could be.

thanks everyone, I love setting up tanks but the hours sitting here figuring out what to put in a new tank is the bad part lol.

so far the fish I have an idea about are -

Oil Cats
Banjos
and I found out about Clown Killifish.. they look really cool.

Was going to go with a biotope on this tank too like my others but I think it will end up a mash up.

All of those cats are very peaceful and will coexist just fine. You probably already know this, but just a note: the banjos and oils and very shy and you will not see them a ton if they have their way. Kuhlis are a bit hit or miss for how much they come out, but most people (myself included) have good luck with them coming out and being visible, at least for part of the day or during feeding time. My banjos used to just sit on the substrate all camouflaged, so they hid less than some others cats I have kept.
As for clown killis, be aware that are very small and need tankmates that won't eat them. They are wonderful little guys, but you will need a lot of them in a 75 to really show up.
I too have failed on every biotope I have considered. I feel your pain. :p
If you have any other ideas you are3 looking at, feel free to run them past us!

Back
Top Bottom