Discus and Pistos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My hongslio are spawning as we speak...:whistle:

99907-albums14434-picture69684.jpg

You have some good taste in fish(y)

That's awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm thinking female not that she's much more active and not so stressed

Attachments

• 1452917955155.jpg
    1452917955155.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 1452917966093.jpg
    1452917966093.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 62
Give them time to settle in.
From the colors so far,
it looks like you have a pair from pics?
The book says males are larger.

Give them time to settle in.
From the colors so far,
it looks like you have a pair from pics?
The book says males are larger.

And the females of this species are more yellow. I like them so much that I may just keep them and set up a tank for them later on. Plus the male has already started making a little cave

So I can't keep up with activities on tank today????
What did you sell/trade fish wise today and what do you have left???

So I can't keep up with activities on tank today????
What did you sell/trade fish wise today and what do you have left???

In my cichlid tank I sold 6 regal blue red shoulder peacocks, a breedibg pair of otter point jacobfribergi peacocks, and a female dragon blood peacock. In the 40g I sold a rainbow shark, 6 cherry barbs, 4 bloodfin tetras, 3 zebra danios, and 4 female bettas

Picked up a 4" pigeon blood discus and some gold barbs (will be replaced with cardinals, I just really wanted some movement in the tank and they are pretty young) for the tank and the tanks full except for one last discus.

New pigeon blood

Attachments

• 1452978055994.jpg
    1452978055994.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 77
Here he is again. He had just gotten out of quarantine at the store which is the reason he's already in the tank, I mean they were still acclimating him to the tank.

Attachments

• 1452979547570.jpg
    1452979547570.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 65
Dude. What are you doing?!?! No crayfish with apistos.. no crayfish with discus..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Now a crayfish too?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did b a ton of research on these, they are a dwarf species and will only go after dying fish, but they are big enough not to get eaten. They eat leftover, uneaten food of any kind. They do well with the water temp, and all the water changes. I was very hesitant when I first saw these so I did several hours of research on them.

They'll also go after eggs and fry..

Lets just say stocking isn't questionable( I have had CPO),:whistle:
Do you understand the risk you place ALL your fish in when you add new members to the tank???
Most serious discus keepers would never act as risky/bold as you do.
I hope this works out well but you will not know tomorrow...Success is measured in years!
You continue to commit very risky behavior that you claim to have done tons of research on...(goldfish scenario...)
I might at least stop saying that if I were you???

Lets just say stocking isn't questionable( I have had CPO),:whistle:
Do you understand the risk you place ALL your fish in when you add new members to the tank???
Most serious discus keepers would never act as risky/bold as you do.
I hope this works out well but you will not know tomorrow...Success is measured in years!
You continue to commit very risky behavior that you claim to have done tons of research on...(goldfish scenario...)
I might at least stop saying that if I were you???

I do understand the risk. I didn't do research on the goldfish scenerio I just was trying to help them out

Im going to be blatantly forward here. May cause ripples but I'm here for kids like you these days.. your tank is a mess. Clearly you have the means to aquire superb fish? Yea.. your have the brainpower to make appropriate decisions with these superb fish? Yea?? I think you do.. i think you're being lazy. I think... you're on a bit if shopping spree. Maybe I'm wrong.. maybe I'm right. Maybe you should prioritize what you actually want to have in your tanks?? Not have for a day, week month.. years.. don't you want to have these fish for years? Grow them out? Spawns?? Actually have a fish associate you with life and appreciate that? these fish you currently have will lost definitely recognize you as a care giver and treat you as such. They need the cate first. The proper care. Yea you can keep buying pretty fish, they'll always be for sale.. wouldn't you like to post pics of the same fish for the next few years?? I would.. that's just me though.. you sent me a pretty wholesome pm?? Did you mean that?
Edit- I hate banging out these long posts on my phone, literally hurts my thumbs. I did it just for you finny. You have an eye, you have potential.. get it together bro;)

Im going to be blatantly forward here. May cause ripples but I'm here for kids like you these days.. your tank is a mess. Clearly you have the means to aquire superb fish? Yea.. your have the brainpower to make appropriate decisions with these superb fish? Yea?? I think you do.. i think you're being lazy. I think... you're on a bit if shopping spree. Maybe I'm wrong.. maybe I'm right. Maybe you should prioritize what you actually want to have in your tanks?? Not have for a day, week month.. years.. don't you want to have these fish for years? Grow them out? Spawns?? Actually have a fish associate you with life and appreciate that? these fish you currently have will lost definitely recognize you as a care giver and treat you as such. They need the cate first. The proper care. Yea you can keep buying pretty fish, they'll always be for sale.. wouldn't you like to post pics of the same fish for the next few years?? I would.. that's just me though.. you sent me a pretty wholesome pm?? Did you mean that?

I'm trying to make good decisions, I'm not being lazy. I spend hours each day researching on them, on what shrimp would be fine with the discus and pistos and I found 4 kinds which are amano shrimp, dwarf lobster, bamboo shrimp, and vampire shrimp. I do want to spawn them and that tank is gonna have one more discus and probably a gold barb for cardinal tetra trade and than be done except for snails and some of those shrimp I just spoke about. I do prioritize on what I'm going to have in my tanks, and have made all sorts of lists for future tanks. Every day I wake up and watch the fish and marvel at how unique and amazing thay are, I watch their behaviors and learn them. I could tell you the spawning behaviors of zebra danios only by watching them, I could tell you how hierarchy is established in a sorority tank just by what I've watched them do not at all by research. And I ment every word in that pm

No...you're throwing everything that fits into a single tank. That's greedy. When I want a new fish I either set up a new tank or don't get it. Simple really. You may research but you don't learn, reading and absorbing words are 2 different things. Make a decision or set up a couple more tanks man.. you clearly love the hobby? Make it official!

No...you're throwing everything that fits into a single tank. That's greedy. When I want a new fish I either set up a new tank or don't get it. Simple really. You may research but you don't learn, reading and absorbing words are 2 different things. Make a decision or set up a couple more tanks man.. you clearly love the hobby? Make it official!

You don't know that, you don't know the ideas and plans that run through my head, you haven't seen the plans I've changed over and over till I finally find one that will work very well. And if I did that, I would have a lot less plants, the elephant nose I saw today, acara, rams, discus, barbs, tetras, pleco all in the same tank and I would never do that. The reason I didn't buy the elephant nose bc I thought, my tank is almost full, stick to the list, and get one last discus and crustations and more plants and you'll be done.

Back
Top Bottom