Discus dying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would still do the pwc and add the carbon never hurts to do water changes

But the DT isn't tainted, the water parameters are perfect still, and I don't want to stress the discus any more from PWC's.

Yea but if the fumes got in the tank then it isn't helping any I would atleast add a air stone and some carbon

Huh. The other discus whom I moved to the d.t has made a recovery. After a few days he is now back to swimming around. He's still not eating though. He is active and looking good with that said, any tips on getting him to eat again?

I lost one of my discus yesterday it sucks afterl u get attached. Now in my 125 I'm doing nearly two 20-30% pwc dosing chemicals and not feeding to correct everything. No worries on the not eating thing. If they are even the slightest bit uncomfortable they wont eat. A couple of mine when I got them didn't eat for a week. I hope the best of luck. Hope u get more discus

jetajockey said:
I'm at a loss, sounds like there is something bad going around, would need to try to narrow down the possibilities. No aerosols used around the tanks? Pesticides?

The only thing I can think of that came in contact with the water is gas fumes from the cars, or wood particles from my attic roofing

USMCfishcrzy said:
I lost one of my discus yesterday it sucks afterl u get attached. Now in my 125 I'm doing nearly two 20-30% pwc dosing chemicals and not feeding to correct everything. No worries on the not eating thing. If they are even the slightest bit uncomfortable they wont eat. A couple of mine when I got them didn't eat for a week. I hope the best of luck. Hope u get more discus

Getting two more this sunday :) , I just tried to get the lone discus to eat and he got a few bites of bloodworms, just until he's recovered because I want to start feeding then NLS

Try using a straw or a baster and put it right in front of him. And if u want to keep him less stressed put keep the lights on less for him

But I would at least want to be sure that ur first one is feeling better. But ur discus do best at least 6 fish all the same size. Mine acted so scared till I got up to 6 or 7 of them. Im not feeding them bloodworms anymore cuz I lost my favorite one cuz he was a pig and the bully so he pretty much overloaded on protein.

USMCfishcrzy said:
But I would at least want to be sure that ur first one is feeling better. But ur discus do best at least 6 fish all the same size. Mine acted so scared till I got up to 6 or 7 of them. Im not feeding them bloodworms anymore cuz I lost my favorite one cuz he was a pig and the bully so he pretty much overloaded on protein.

Well he's active now, eating, and seems healthy, should I still wait?

As long as he is eating normal again it should be ok. Did u ever figure out the original reason your other one died?

USMCfishcrzy said:
As long as he is eating normal again it should be ok. Did u ever figure out the original reason your other one died?

I think it was from stress of moving, temperature shock, and possibly gas fumes. Did I mention that in the same tank 40 guppy fry were decimated in day? And he's only eating worms as of today

Okay, I'm happy to report the other discus is doing great, eating a lot, swimming a lot, and isn't cowering in a corner all day. All that's left is a mild case of ich on him from the now deceased clown loach, but i'm treating it now with heat.

One of my new discus is dying again!!!!! Bloated belly and having a very hard time swimming down? I have barely feed them. I just got the new nls! Wats is going and can I save him?

USMCfishcrzy said:
One of my new discus is dying again!!!!! Bloated belly and having a very hard time swimming down? I have barely feed them. I just got the new nls! Wats is going and can I save him?

How long have you had him? It sounds like SBD from overfeeding maybe from the lfs

Back
Top Bottom