Discus tank underway!!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should pm aprilsaquarium pretty sure she has breed them. I talked to her about it a little bit she's nice and seems to know her stuff.

Ok so an update is due on the breeding pair!

Well they spawned on Wednesday last week the eggs hatched on Saturday morning. Since then the parents have been looking after them normally after 3 days they have been dying off due to the parents not producing any slime coat to feed them on. BUT THIS TIME hahahahaha they have!!!!!! And the fry are growing well and feeding from both parents. I'm such a proud farther lmao.

Here's some pics. Hope you like them.

image-2589831118.jpg

image-4028416063.jpg

image-1422023001.jpg

They are growing every day, it's really interesting watching them feeding from the parents and swimming round the tank.

Makes all my hard work and worry worth while. ;-)

DanS180 said:
ahhh thats so great to hear!!! Congrats!! FINALLY!!! hahahah :)

I know it's fantastic. Been a long Time coming but it looks like they are going to make it now fingers crossed. Will keep the pics coming as they grow.

;-)

Jesselav1233 said:
Oh wow an those are two awesome discus to have got to breed I bet the baby's are going to look awesome great job!

Thanks, yea I'm hoping they turn out like the parents. So far they are doing good. Will keep you updated.

Guinness said:
Getting bigger!

They seem to feed better from the male. (The red Mellon)

Ohh that's so awesome!! I bet you must be so excited about this.. im glad it finally worked out for you!

Yea I'm really chuffed, won't be able to feel as tho I have finally achieved it until they are at a good size to sell on. About 2" should do it.

I'm really pleased, like I said I'm not doing it for financial gain just a personal goal for me to say I have done it.

Guinness said:
Yea I'm really chuffed, won't be able to feel as tho I have finally achieved it until they are at a good size to sell on. About 2" should do it.

I'm really pleased, like I said I'm not doing it for financial gain just a personal goal for me to say I have done it.

Well either way, goal achieved! Congrats! :)

I am only a beginner but I just wanted to share a picture that I took at our local aquarium. It had beautiful discus and what I'm thinking were cardinal tetras...maybe neons...It was over a year ago but I did snap some pictures. It was by far my favorite setup I saw that day (and it's a big aquarium). The colors all went really good together. Just thought you'd be interested. It was at the Newport Aquarium.

Attachments

• Blackberry pictures 2012 138.jpg
    Blackberry pictures 2012 138.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Blackberry pictures 2012 139.jpg
    Blackberry pictures 2012 139.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 97
I am only a beginner but I just wanted to share a picture that I took at our local aquarium. It had beautiful discus and what I'm thinking were cardinal tetras...maybe neons...It was over a year ago but I did snap some pictures. It was by far my favorite setup I saw that day (and it's a big aquarium). The colors all went really good together. Just thought you'd be interested. It was at the Newport Aquarium.

Hi yea they look like cardinals to me too. Lovey looking fish and go well with discus.

Do you keep discus yourself?

Back
Top Bottom